Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, two different dealerships told me two separate things. One told me that the QX30 simply was not able to have the push button function. The other told me it would be $550 to get in installed and that he wasn't able to get that for me at this time. Who was right?

Secondly, what is my best bet for getting an automatic car starter installed?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Firstly, two different dealerships told me two separate things. One told me that the QX30 simply was not able to have the push button function. The other told me it would be $550 to get in installed and that he wasn't able to get that for me at this time. Who was right?

Secondly, what is my best bet for getting an automatic car starter installed?
HAHAH, wow!!! $550!!!! All you have to do is buy this $35 button that weighs above the same as a feather, literally pop it in the slot in the exact same manner you'd insert your key, and it stays in there permanently, but it can easily pop it out if you want it to...and you just push the button to turn on and off.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mercedes-Benz-Keyless-Ignition-Button/dp/B00K5XH4TM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489089038&sr=8-1&keywords=mercedes+keyless+go+button

·
Registered
74 Posts
Time to find a dealership that actually knows what they're talking about.

Or ask them to sell you one of the 2017.5 models that just started showing up. They come with pushbutton start.

If you're talking about remote start, now that's a horse of a different color.

Reactions: pavy

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can normally find a local place that will do remote starts. Pricing depends on what you want. If you want to be able to use your OEM key fob to start it and be able to start it remotely using an app on your phone, you're probably look at $500 plus a small monthly fee for the service. Or you could possibly get one as cheap as $150 with a separate fob. I'm going to be looking into getting one at some point, I'll post back here with what I find out.

I'm secretly also hoping that Infiniti might do or offer something for the QX30. It would seem that all the pieces are in place, and that potentially only a software update would be required. Anyone know any more about how OEM remote start might work on the QX30?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately, I had already purchased the 2017 before I posted this but had not yet received it. Very frustrating that different places say different things. I commented on Infiniti social media account and they said that the 2017 came with the push button start and if I had more questions then to call them. Well I did and they said that the 2018 would have push button start. I knew what I was purchasing but it is just annoying that my dealership didn't even bring up the possibility of purchasing a 2017.5.

I needed to have the Malbec Black color so when I went to pick up my car last week I asked them why it would be $550 to install the push button feature and exactly how they did it. They could not give me a firm answer and when I mentioned purchasing the button on Amazon he said "I mean it's worth a shot".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like they're trying to milk you. Unless he really doesn't know about it... what did it seem like ?
I am sure they were trying to. Considering contacting them for clarification since I have not yet filled out my satisfaction survey...

·
Registered
13 Posts
push button ignition/remote start

I am picking up my QX30 this week. The window sticker says it has "Intelligent Key with push button ignition". Also comes with Infiniti InTouch service. I downloaded the app on my iPhone and it looks like it has remote engine start. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am picking up my QX30 this week. The window sticker says it has "Intelligent Key with push button ignition". Also comes with Infiniti InTouch service. I downloaded the app on my iPhone and it looks like it has remote engine start. Has anyone tried this?
Do you have a 2017 Premium? If it is not available now I would love for them to add it. Then I would 100% love my car0:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
It does not have remote engine start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Official new QX30 owner

I picked up my 2017 Graphite Shadow AWD on Saturday and I really do like it. I guess I got the model without the push button start, but I ordered it on Amazon and installed it right away. Working with the dealer on remote start, hopefully I get that installed in a week or two, but is there a software update for the door locks unlocking when I shut the vehicle off or put in park? Anyway, I still really like to drive it and love all the technology!

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
...Working with the dealer on remote start, hopefully I get that installed in a week or two...
The dealer is going to install a remote start? Will it use your OEM key fob? Will you be able to remote start it via iOS or Android app? Did they quote you a price yet? Why the 1-2 week wait, are they ordering parts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The dealer is going to install a remote start? Will it use your OEM key fob? Will you be able to remote start it via iOS or Android app? Did they quote you a price yet? Why the 1-2 week wait, are they ordering parts?

I'm also very curious to know if anyone has been able to get remote start on their vehicle

1 - 20 of 30 Posts