Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in another thread that I am visiting my service adviser next week to see if they can address some very "first world problem" type of issues related to this vehicle. I had a GLA for a few months and figured that if that car can do what I want, so can this car...maybe the techs at Infiniti have the programming/diagnostic equipment to set up defaults.

I would love to hear from other owners about features that they want changed that are feasible (i.e., software-related or software-driven by nature).

Here's what I have so far for requests:

1. Unlocking doors when placing vehicle into park: when placing the vehicle into park, ALL the doors should automatically UNLOCK.
  2. Delay for headlights to turn off: after turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in the AUTO position, the lights should remain on for at least 30 seconds (or any other interval)
  3. Illumination of cabin light: after closing the door, the interior lights should remain on for at least ten seconds (or any other reasonable interval)
  4. Automatic brake hold: the GLA had this feature where if you stomped on the brake pedal, the car will automatically brake for you until you pressed the accelerator (see
    or
    )
  5. Automatic parking brake: the GLA automatically engaged the parking brake if the transmission was in park and the engine was turned off; if I recall correctly, it also disengaged the parking brake if you placed the transmission in drive (or reverse) and pressed on the accelerator
  6. More of a question than a request, but do our cars have some sort of adaptive brakelights similar to the concept shown here (http://techcenter.mercedes-benz.com/en_AU/adaptive_brakelight/detail.html)?
  7. In another thread, I saw a request to have the screen default to something other than the nav screen (doesn't bother me, but it doesn't hurt to ask if that can be customized)
  8. BMW owners complained about their cars not "remembering" the last setting of the auto stop start feature, which resulted in BMW providing a software update. I love the auto stop start feature, but others may not want it on by default. Maybe there's a way to configure it so it remembers the last setting
  9. When the intelligent cruise control (ICC) is enabled, show the "assistance graphic" by default. At the moment, if I have the audio menu shown on my dashboard, it only shows the radio station unless I'm enabling, adjusting, or disabling the ICC. How do I get this to show up by default when ICC is active?
  10. I have a black QX30. Is there any way to show a black QX30 in the dashboard graphic? (OK, getting very desperate here!)
Any other ideas, thoughts, requests?

Reactions: Jcbama85

·
Registered
98 Posts
This car needs a way to turn off the headlights at night, and turn off the DRL's at night. Very annoying when driving through Christmas light displays. I've had other cars yelling at my to turn my lights off, they don't realize it's literally not possible.

Also, there should be a way to remember the last driving mode (sport, eco, or manual).

I wish the rear windshield wipers turned on automatically just like the front windshield wipers do when it detects rain. Sometimes, it does, but only when I first turn the car on if it's raining..the rears won't stay on.

Need more customization on the inTouch. It always defaults to Nav, but sometimes I want it to default to Audio if I don't need the maps.

I mentioned in another thread that I am visiting my service adviser next week to see if they can address some very "first world problem" type of issues related to this vehicle. I had a GLA for a few months and figured that if that car can do what I want, so can this car...maybe the techs at Infiniti have the programming/diagnostic equipment to set up defaults.

I would love to hear from other owners about features that they want changed that are feasible (i.e., software-related or software-driven by nature).

Here's what I have so far for requests:

1. Unlocking doors when placing vehicle into park: when placing the vehicle into park, ALL the doors should automatically UNLOCK.
  2. Delay for headlights to turn off: after turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in the AUTO position, the lights should remain on for at least 30 seconds (or any other interval)
  3. Illumination of cabin light: after closing the door, the interior lights should remain on for at least ten seconds (or any other reasonable interval)
  4. Automatic brake hold: the GLA had this feature where if you stomped on the brake pedal, the car will automatically brake for you until you pressed the accelerator (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zCU09hlYrY or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SXT6BVo7TE)
  5. Automatic parking brake: the GLA automatically engaged the parking brake if the transmission was in park and the engine was turned off; if I recall correctly, it also disengaged the parking brake if you placed the transmission in drive (or reverse) and pressed on the accelerator
  6. More of a question than a request, but do our cars have some sort of adaptive brakelights similar to the concept shown here (http://techcenter.mercedes-benz.com/en_AU/adaptive_brakelight/detail.html)?
  7. In another thread, I saw a request to have the screen default to something other than the nav screen (doesn't bother me, but it doesn't hurt to ask if that can be customized)
  8. BMW owners complained about their cars not "remembering" the last setting of the auto stop start feature, which resulted in BMW providing a software update. I love the auto stop start feature, but others may not want it on by default. Maybe there's a way to configure it so it remembers the last setting
  9. When the intelligent cruise control (ICC) is enabled, show the "assistance graphic" by default. At the moment, if I have the audio menu shown on my dashboard, it only shows the radio station unless I'm enabling, adjusting, or disabling the ICC. How do I get this to show up by default when ICC is active?
  10. I have a black QX30. Is there any way to show a black QX30 in the dashboard graphic? (OK, getting very desperate here!)
Any other ideas, thoughts, requests?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Agree with most - especially the unlocking when put in park or turned off.

It's also odd to have a non-power steering column, but this can't be changed with software.

Weird the memory seat buttons need to be held down to adjust.

There's no reason the inTouch app isn't full featured for the EX30. Remote start, remote door lock/unlock, etc

The homelink buttons don't work unless in accessory or on position. So you have to start the car before opening the garage door or close the garage door before shutting off the car.

Fog light switch does not remember state, always returning to off after a shutdown/restart.

·
Registered
98 Posts

It's also odd to have a non-power steering column, but this can't be changed with software.

There's no reason the inTouch app isn't full featured for the EX30. Remote start, remote door lock/unlock, etc

The homelink buttons don't work unless in accessory or on position. So you have to start the car before opening the garage door or close the garage door before shutting off the car.

Fog light switch does not remember state, always returning to off after a shutdown/restart.
For the seat memory, change the seat settings however you want...Then to store into memory, press the M button, then press 1,2 or 3. It will beep to indicate it stored.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For the seat memory, change the seat settings however you want...Then to store into memory, press the M button, then press 1,2 or 3. It will beep to indicate it stored.
Understood. However, once stored, you need to hold down 1 2 or 3 for the seat & mirrors to move to the final positions. In all other vehicles with seat memory, just a press and release of the preset (once stored) will adjust the seat.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Understood. However, once stored, you need to hold down 1 2 or 3 for the seat & mirrors to move to the final positions. In all other vehicles with seat memory, just a press and release of the preset (once stored) will adjust the seat.
Ohh yea, that is definitely annoying.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Numbering relating to the original post in this thread:

1. Mine as at the dealership right now and I've requested this be changed. They said it can be done/reprogrammed, but only by them not the customer.
2. This already occurs for me as is. Take the keys out shut the door, the lights stay on for about 15 seconds.
3. This already occurs for me as is.
4. Meh.
5. This already occurs for me as is, sort of. Parking brake is not automatically engaged, but put car in R or D, hit the gas, the parking break is automatically disengaged.

Holding the button instead of just pressing it once for the memory seats. Yes, wtf? That is annoying as ****.

Ha, this site automatically edits out your cuss words and replaces them with *'s.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well done Smitty thanks

1. I was told by my dealer (sales manager) last week it was a 'safety feature' and couldn't be changed on the QX30. My BS meter pegged the needle on that one. I'm going in soon for them to install my license plates (Texas requires front and back and they have to install the front plate holder) so I'll ask the service manager. Let us know what you find out.

2. Same as yours

3. Same as yours

4. Love your "MEH"

5. Same as yours

And I wholeheartedly agree about holding the memory seat number instead of just pushing it. To quote the guys from ESPN Monday Night Football Pregame: "C'mon Man!"

These topics are great! Let's keep them going.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Numbering relating to the original post in this thread:

1. Mine as at the dealership right now and I've requested this be changed. They said it can be done/reprogrammed, but only by them not the customer.
2. This already occurs for me as is. Take the keys out shut the door, the lights stay on for about 15 seconds.
3. This already occurs for me as is.
4. Meh.
5. This already occurs for me as is, sort of. Parking brake is not automatically engaged, but put car in R or D, hit the gas, the parking break is automatically disengaged.

Holding the button instead of just pressing it once for the memory seats. Yes, wtf? That is annoying as ****.

Ha, this site automatically edits out your cuss words and replaces them with *'s.
Well done Smitty thanks

1. I was told by my dealer (sales manager) last week it was a 'safety feature' and couldn't be changed on the QX30. My BS meter pegged the needle on that one. I'm going in soon for them to install my license plates (Texas requires front and back and they have to install the front plate holder) so I'll ask the service manager. Let us know what you find out.

2. Same as yours

3. Same as yours

4. Love your "MEH"

5. Same as yours

And I wholeheartedly agree about holding the memory seat number instead of just pushing it. To quote the guys from ESPN Monday Night Football Pregame: "C'mon Man!"

These topics are great! Let's keep them going.
1. I hope they can program the auto-unlock. Smiity: be sure to share the dealer notes on this forum to prove that it is possible for the rest of us.

2. My daylight running LEDs remain on for a moment, but not headlights. Do you guys have the LED Package? If so, do your headlights (i.e., low beams) stay on after getting out of the car?

3. Illumination in the cabin. Maybe they do remain on for a few seconds, but I may have never noticed. The black interior can feel, well, dark.

4. You guys don't know what you're meh-ing at. :rolleyes: The auto-hold feature is very convenient. Once you get accustomed to it, you can't go back to pressing the brake pedal at a red light like a plebeian. Even the new Civics have this feature!

5. I want the convenience of an automatic parking brake that sets when I park and turn off the engine. Not that our cars have a manual transmission, but I want to avoid the lurch forward that occurs when you sometimes put the car in park, turn off the engine, and disengage the brakes (serious first world problems!). Also, if I recall correctly, the owner's manual states that the parking brake engages when the car comes to a stop using the ICC. I've experienced the car come to a full stop, but shouldn't the brake light appear on the dashboard?

Reactions: Jcbama85

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unlock in Park

Well, sadly, it turns out it can't be done. The service manager tried to reprogram it himself, and thought he had it, but he did not. It's a Mercedes thing (or, it's a Mercedes thing with this model since this is a Mercedes). Annoying :(

I mentioned this in another thread but the dealership added push button ignition gratis, and they just used the Mercedes button. Works great.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, sadly, it turns out it can't be done. The service manager tried to reprogram it himself, and thought he had it, but he did not. It's a Mercedes thing (or, it's a Mercedes thing with this model since this is a Mercedes). Annoying :(

I mentioned this in another thread but the dealership added push button ignition gratis, and they just used the Mercedes button. Works great.
Thanks for the update and good timing! I'm literally waiting in the Infiniti service center right now and also received similar news about the auto unlock. I did pass on some very detailed notes to the warranty manager about the these and other concerns. If anyone wants my detailed notes, I can share them via private messaging.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the update and good timing! I'm literally waiting in the Infiniti service center right now and also received similar news about the auto unlock. I did pass on some very detailed notes to the warranty manager about the these and other concerns. If anyone wants my detailed notes, I can share them via private messaging.
Please send to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please send to me. Thanks.
Sent. Also took a moment to realize there's no option to attach files to a private message. :confused:

I'm reaching out to Infiniti directly as well as a project manager that worked very closely with the development of the Q30/QX30. I'm hoping they will provide a response that is more promising than I received at my dealership.

·
Registered
74 Posts

These are almost all Mercedes hold-overs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can you also send your notes to me? Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I feel the better option is like all other MB’s when you go to open the door from inside it unlocks the doors. There are times you are driving to a meeting/function and you are on the phone, you turn off the car to finish up the call, do you really want to unlock the doors unexpectedly. Thinking more so for a safety concern - downtown office in the car park – after hours.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel the better option is like all other MB’s when you go to open the door from inside it unlocks the doors. There are times you are driving to a meeting/function and you are on the phone, you turn off the car to finish up the call, do you really want to unlock the doors unexpectedly. Thinking more so for a safety concern - downtown office in the car park – after hours.
For me personally, I prefer the BMW unlocking behavior: pull on the interior door handle twice (first to unlock the door locks and second to open the door). Or just simply unlock the car once I release the keys. I guess there's no one solution that pleases everyone, but I think we can all agree that a lack of auto unlocking pleases the fewest!

Reactions: pavy and Jcbama85

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update from Infiniti

I received an update from Infiniti Consumer Affairs on some of the points shared in this thread. Infiniti's reply is in bold red.

1. After placing the vehicle in park and turning off the engine, the door locks remain locked. Pulling on the interior door handle multiple times does not unlock the door locks. The driver has to press the unlock button to unlock the door locks. This is both inconvenient and unsafe due to the electrical nature of the unlocking mechanism and the very narrow design of the physical door lock. In other cars (notably the Mercedes-Benz GLA), the doors automatically unlock after some combination of the following: the car is put into park, and/or the engine is turned off, and/or the key is disengaged.

a. Is this possible? This unlock design cannot be changed from current design.
b. If yes, can a dealership please program the car to automatically unlock the door locks when appropriate?
c. If not, does Infiniti have plans to implement this functionality as a software update in the future? There is no current information that can confirm or deny if a software update may or may not be available in the future.

2. When I am driving in a suburban area, the map sometimes does not show the local streets. I have to manually zoom in to show the local streets.

a. Is there an option to enable speed-sensitive or location-sensitive zooming? In other words, if I am traveling slowly, can it zoom automatically in? There is no such feature currently.
b. If yes, can a dealership program the software to enable this feature?
c. If no, does Infiniti have plans to implement this functionality as a software update in the future? There is no current information.

3. According to Page 5-26 of the Owner’s Manual:

"The electric parking brake is automatically applied when:

• Intelligent cruise control (if equipped) brings the vehicle to a standstill.

or

• Intelligent Parking Assist (if equipped) is keeping the vehicle stationary.

The red PARK indicator lights up in the combination meter."

While using the intelligent cruise control, which is equipped on my vehicle, the car does come to a complete standstill. The red PARK indicator light, however, does not light up. This creates an unsafe feeling because I can’t confirm for sure whether the parking brake is automatically applied. There is no visual indication, which contradicts the owner’s manual.

a. The red PARK indicator light does not appear when the intelligent parking assist is keeping the vehicle stationary. Why does the PARK indicator light not appear when the intelligent cruise control brings my vehicle to a standstill? Please review with your retailer.

b. This is a major safety concern of mine; is this something that is currently addressed via a software and/or hardware update that my dealership can implement? Not currently.

c. If yes, what specifically should I ask of my dealership?

d. If no, are there plans for Infiniti to either make corrections to the owner's manual or address the visual safety feature? This is currently being reviewed, with the outcome to be determined.

4. The Mercedes-Benz GLA had an automatic brake hold feature. At a standstill while in drive, if the driver stomps on the brake pedal, the car engages the parking brake. This makes it very convenient so that the owner does not have to keep a foot on the brake pedal. It also automatically applied the parking brake if the car was placed in park and the engine was turned off. At the moment, I have to manually press the parking brake.

a. Is possible to enable the automatic brake hold feature (if possible)? Currently this is not an option on this vehicle.

b. Is it possible to enable the automatic parking brake when the engine is turned off (if possible)? Currently this is not an option on this vehicle.

c. Are there any plans for Infiniti to enable either of these features in the future? There is no current information that can confirm or deny if an update may or may not be available in the future.

5. After turning off the engine and getting out of the vehicle, the daytime running lights remain on for a period of approximately fifteen seconds. My vehicle has the LED package. In most vehicles, there is a delay for headlights to turn off: after turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in the AUTO position, the lights should remain on for at least 30 seconds (or any other interval).

a. Is there any existing functionality that allows the headlights to remain on for a period of thirty seconds or so after the car is off? Not currently.

b. Can Infiniti enable the car to keep the low beams active for a brief period after the car is turned off? No changes can be made currently.

c. Are there any plans for Infiniti to enable this feature in the future? There is no current information that can confirm or deny if an update may or may not be available in the future.

6. Can I reliably use the ICC to make full stops assuming that the system has detected a car in front? No, that is not the intention of the ICC system.

7. According to Page 5-74 of the Owner’s Manual: Infiniti recommends frameless types of plate holders. The dealership installed a frame/plate surround on both the front and back, which I have since removed due to the warning.

a. What is the correct screw size for the front and rear plates? Is it an M6/6MM x 12MM Phillips pan machine screw? I believe the license plate hardware comes with the vehicle, under luggage compartment cover.

b. Is there anything (i.e., an accessory) for the rear hatch to allow the plates to accommodate four screws instead of two? No.

8. There does not appear to be a location to store the owner's manual and the case. It does not fit inside the glove box or any other storage areas. Where is the appropriate/preferred location to store the owner's manual? This could be a matter of opinion. The owner’s manual does fit in either front door pocket, or under the luggage compartment cover in the trunk area.

9. According to page 2-83 of the Owner's Manual, the cross bars for the roof are available through Infiniti. My dealership was not aware of any cross bars for this vehicle.

a. Are there any cross bars offered by Infiniti for the QX30? Currently, Infiniti does not offer cross bars for the QX30.

b. If yes, what is the part number?

c. If yes, what is the supported maximum load for the cross bars?

d. If no, are there plans in the future to offer cross bars? There is no current information that can confirm or deny if cross bars may or may not be available in the future.

Reactions: 6t8stang

·
Registered
123 Posts
I kind of wish I had gone with the GLA now. My dealings with Infiniti Consumer Affairs have been less than satisfactory. I actually looked at the GLA yesterday, thinking maybe they could do something to get me out of the QX30, but the numbers were just too far off. I did note that the GLA allowed you to build a custom preset similar to Eco/Sport, but you could make your own adjustments. That, among other things, seem to give the GLA a slight advantage when it comes to customization/settings/things working like you'd expect. I don't really understand why Infiniti made the choices they did. Take the doors auto unlocking for example, surely that wasn't cost cutting, right? Did they really think the car would be better without that? Sigh.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts