Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

I've tried to take out my passenger side headrest but it seems to be stuck in place. I've tried pushing in the side button to adjust the headrest up and down but it wont budge at all.

On the contrary, my driver side has no issue and I can adjust it up and down by holding the side button.

Can ideas how I can get the headrest up?

Thank you in advance.
Enoch

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
73 Posts
Maybe lightly spraying a tiny bit of WD-40 into the holes can help it budge?

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts
Is your headrest holder broken? It appears in your picture there isn't any room for the button to be depressed, so I'd be concerned that the button has broken.

If some lubricant doesn't free the parts, you may have to remove the holders with the headrest and disassemble on a bench. It's possible the holders will require replacement.

You can remove the entire holder by inserting a tool and depressing the two locking pawls and pulling upward. Once removed, inspect the locking holder and replace, if necessary.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses. Lubrication did not work. What kind of tool is this to assist in depressing the two locking pawls?.

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts
I'd try using an automotive pick. They look like this:

Any hardware, tool, or auto parts store should carry them.

You could also try a small flat-blade screwdriver.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you p07r0457.I just realize there is a rear panel that can be removed behind the seat. Are there any instructions on how to remove the panel, I think it'll be alot easier to access. Don't want to accidently trigger any side airbags lol

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts