Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Am I the only one completely dissatisfied with the usability of the Park Assist feature? I've gotten it to work successfully two times out of many opportunities where it would have been very helpful. Either it does not detect the parking space, it does not detect the correct type of parking space (90-degree vs. parallel), or it chooses the wrong parking spot, trying to back up almost 20 feet in order to park in a spot I've already passed (and, in busy Los Angeles, already have a car behind me preventing me from parking in that spot anyway). The third issue is the worst, as I have no idea when engaging Park Assist, whether or not it intends to park in the desired spot or make me look like a complete idiot to the drivers behind me that I'm potentially holding up.

I've read the manual on how to create the most ideal situation for the car to detect parking spots correctly. Is there anything else I can do that will make this feature actually worthwhile to even attempt?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've only used the Park Assist when I want to do parallel park in downtown Philadelphia. So far, I love this feature. It makes me look like a master of parallel park. I am sure you know, but you need to start blinking where you want to park WAY BEHIND the desired spot and you must drive slllllooooooow to make sure the car sensors can detect the space.

Also, I learned that the sensors aren't triggering a space when it is pouring rain outside or snowing or sunlight reflecting against mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
These types of features are gimmicks, to me. My Volvo has it, and I’ve found it enfuriating to use. I can park more reliably and much more quickly if I do it myself.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have used it a couple of times and I think that the trick to make it work is to drive slow and totally pass (for a few cms) the empty parking spot so the rear sensor will note the space..... then once the little arrow shows up on the dashboard then activate the turning signal towards the arrow and follow instructions.... but yeah most of the times you can do it faster without it!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have it on two cars - it is fun to show the kids and yes - when I use the qx30 park assist I will perform the same way I do with my limited - slow and let it engage

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice, all. I have not gotten this to successfully work in months. I think twice in the time I've had the car (almost a year). The main issue is when I pull up alongside a parallel space (driving slowly and otherwise as prescribed in the manual), I pull just past the space, and the little > arrow detects the spot (as it does when it actually works properly). I activate IPA and then it begins to reverse the car several car lengths in order to park in spaces that don't even exist. It just keeps going and I have no idea where it's planning to take me. Meanwhile, there are people waiting behind me (I live in LA so this is almost always the case) who are wondering what in the world I'm doing. Thus far the feature is not working at all as advertised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts