Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

I’m from Italy, I have a Q30 (no “X”) and I have exactly the same rattle sound you described below.
I noticed two things:
1) the rattle sound stops if I touch the central bar with my hand, near to the point in wich it start (left side).
2) the rattle is only sometimes. It seems to depend bye the temperature or weater.

I’d like to try to resolve with the foam, but I don’t undersant how big has to be this foam and exactly what kind of material it is.

I’m also afraid that I put this piece of foam and after I will not be more able to remote it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have taken my vehicle to the dealer on four separate occasions in a 5 month period to address the rattling issue. Each time the dealer was as frustrated as I with no real fix available from Infiniti but they persisted. Finally, the headliner was removed to find that the moonroof track was not secured properly on the roof. I have not had any further issues since

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rattle sound from central console on bumpy roads

I am not hearing any rattles from that bar but I have a few spots where I hear rattles on bumpy road. (driver side dashboard speaker vent + driver side seat belt)

The car is 5 months old today.
Hi,
Did you succeed to address the rattle sounds?
My rattle sound is originating from my central console that holds the radio and AC control buttons.
Can you support me if you know the fix?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
385 Posts
Was the dealer unable or unwilling to address this concern?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So if anyone is still experiencing the rattling from what seems to be the moonroof I hope this helps. I had recently installed a Dashcam in my qx30 and I wasn't going to have wires just hanging all over the dash of my car I decided to drop the headliner to have a much cleaner install. I had the Blackvue dr750 so it had front and rear cameras.

While the headliner was down I noticed the rear driver side grab handle, aka the 'oh sh!t handle', bracket was making a noise when I would bump it. It wasn't the same noise but I figured it had to be the culprit to the moonroof rattle. Got that tightened down and put everything back together and just like that the noise was gone. I'm guessing in the assembly line some of these brackets were not being tightened down as well as they should have and causing the rattling.

Hopefully this helps anyone still dealing with it. By the way I work at my local Nissan dealership so I had the tools to work on this and it was still a pain in the ass. The hardest part, for anyone thinking of tackling this, is those stupid push in clips Mercedes uses that hold the grab handle in place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone,

I got my 2018 QX30 Premium AWD about 4 weeks ago and loving it. But the metal bar going across the Panoramic Moonroof makes a rattling sound. I haven't called the dealer about this yet, but I figured someone might have had the same issue and fixed it. I was thinking of putting some soft foam the metal bar. Any ideas?

Thanks
Maybe it wants to open!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts