Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I got my 2018 QX30 Premium AWD about 4 weeks ago and loving it. But the metal bar going across the Panoramic Moonroof makes a rattling sound. I haven't called the dealer about this yet, but I figured someone might have had the same issue and fixed it. I was thinking of putting some soft foam the metal bar. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am not hearing any rattles from that bar but I have a few spots where I hear rattles on bumpy road. (driver side dashboard speaker vent + driver side seat belt)

The car is 5 months old today.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hopefully they can do something about it. I've seen a few scenarios where cars make a rattling noise and the dealership just can't figure out a way to fix it or make it stop even after completely replacing parts. Be sure to let us know if they remedy it and how they got it done.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hopefully they can do something about it. I've seen a few scenarios where cars make a rattling noise and the dealership just can't figure out a way to fix it or make it stop even after completely replacing parts. Be sure to let us know if they remedy it and how they got it done.
sometimes that's a case of the car maker not having figured out what solution could be which makes the experience very frustrating for both us and dealerships, so it might just be a matter of patience for us instead of pressing dealers for an answer...although some might know of their own ways to fix it... just nothing official from a TSB

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar issue. My really bad rattles are coming from the back of the moonroof corners on both sides. I took it to the dealer and they adjusted some clamps but it didn't fix it. Waiting for more clamps to come in so they can add the extra clamps. Have you taken yours to the dealer yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've begun to notice recently - more so when I have the audio cranked up - rattling coming from the area near the door pillars. At one point I thought the passenger seat belt was causing the noise when stowed in its resting position, but I ruled that theory out when I had a passenger riding along. To be quite honest, the longer I own my QX30 the more disappointed I become at Infiniti's poor attention to detail with this particular vehicle. smh

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have my QX30 for about 2 weeks now and I also noticed the rattle from the panoramic roof. I thought it was the rear seat head rests. It really is noticeable when I go over bumps . Not sure if It is coming from the center rail or the corners of the moonroof. Pretty annoying. Wonder what dealer can do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for the reply... i am going to call the dealer and have them fix it.
I have the same problem. Did the dealer fix it? I also was thinking of shoving a firm foam piece between the bar and the moonroof to stop the rattle. It stops rattling when I hold the bar or place slightly upward pressure on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone,

I got my 2018 QX30 Premium AWD about 4 weeks ago and loving it. But the metal bar going across the Panoramic Moonroof makes a rattling sound. I haven't called the dealer about this yet, but I figured someone might have had the same issue and fixed it. I was thinking of putting some soft foam the metal bar. Any ideas?

Thanks
I have a similar issue. My really bad rattles are coming from the back of the moonroof corners on both sides. I took it to the dealer and they adjusted some clamps but it didn't fix it. Waiting for more clamps to come in so they can add the extra clamps. Have you taken yours to the dealer yet?
I've begun to notice recently - more so when I have the audio cranked up - rattling coming from the area near the door pillars. At one point I thought the passenger seat belt was causing the noise when stowed in its resting position, but I ruled that theory out when I had a passenger riding along. To be quite honest, the longer I own my QX30 the more disappointed I become at Infiniti's poor attention to detail with this particular vehicle. smh
I have my QX30 for about 2 weeks now and I also noticed the rattle from the panoramic roof. I thought it was the rear seat head rests. It really is noticeable when I go over bumps . Not sure if It is coming from the center rail or the corners of the moonroof. Pretty annoying. Wonder what dealer can do.

Sadly, I noticed this rattle on the drivers side of the sunroof support beam at about 30 miles and also a small rattle inside of my rear drivers side door panel, a crackle in my front tweeter speakers at any volume and moisture inside of both of my headlights. The dealership stated that the headlight moisture was "normal" which is a little bit strange, that the tweeter noise could just be a weak radio station (although it makes this noise on any station and most songs) They put some foam pieces inside of my rear door panel and inside of my sunroof, and the next day the sunroof rattle came back twice as bad as before. I'll take it back one more time to give them another shot but it looks like i'll probably be fixing it myself! Lol.
Did anyone figure anything out with theirs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sadly, I noticed this rattle on the drivers side of the sunroof support beam at about 30 miles and also a small rattle inside of my rear drivers side door panel, a crackle in my front tweeter speakers at any volume and moisture inside of both of my headlights. The dealership stated that the headlight moisture was "normal" which is a little bit strange, that the tweeter noise could just be a weak radio station (although it makes this noise on any station and most songs) They put some foam pieces inside of my rear door panel and inside of my sunroof, and the next day the sunroof rattle came back twice as bad as before. I'll take it back one more time to give them another shot but it looks like i'll probably be fixing it myself! Lol.
Did anyone figure anything out with theirs?
I put stiff foam pieces between the black metal bar and pano roof at each end. The rattle stopped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put stiff foam pieces between the black metal bar and pano roof at each end. The rattle stopped.
I'll just have to add another piece and hope for the best!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Issue solved

Sorry for the delayed response. I took my car to the dealer and they add foam behind the bar and its resolved the issue. NO MORE RATTLE.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response. I took my car to the dealer and they add foam behind the bar and its resolved the issue. NO MORE RATTLE.
Do you have a photo of what size foam and where they put it?

I have the same rattle and I'm taking it to the first service in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vibration/rattle from panoramic moonroof

Hello everyone,

I have a 2017 QX30 and am experiencing the vibration and rattle sound from the panoramic moonroof. My dealership has no Infiniti sanctioned remedy, so the problem persists.

They suggested that I register a complaint with Infiniti Tech Line. I did contact them, and was told that they have not received any complaints about this issue.

For those of you that still have this problem, could you please contact Infiniti Tech Line at 800-662-6200 and let them know about the issue? Perhaps once they realize it's a widespread problem, they will provide a remedy for the dealerships.

If anyone has been able to get it fixed, could you share how it was fixed?

Thanks!

MK

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had this issue and 5 visits to the dealer finally resolved the problem.

Mechanic took the headliner off and found loose rails where the moonroof screen glides.

Now quiet as a mouse inside the cabin

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a rattle, too, that seems to be coming from the panoramic roof. Coming from the left rear corner. Dealer tried to fix it twice, but no luck. I was then told it is a "chronic issue" and they are waiting for the factory to issue a fix. Hope this happens, but in the meantime I will continue to pester the dealer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts