Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, my car is reaching 4000 kms and I just looked at the maintenance schedule and it seems that oil change is recommended every 16.000 Kms...... I know oils (synt) now last long kms but 16.000 kms is a little too much, isn't it?
my last car was an infiniti g35X (2008) and I did oil changes every 8K kms.....
Are you guys sticking to that schedule or going earlier for oil changes?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sticking with that maintenance schedule for oil. The old G35s could use standard oil or blend and could go the weird 3750 miles. This is turbo, they use fully synthetic. It can go longer, but **** no I'm not going 10k miles before an oil change. I have 11k miles on mine and have had 2 oil changes, free so far. Every 5k miles for me.

Ha! they *'d my curse word. Is H-e-l-l even a curse word??

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm one for following the suggested maintenece schedule, so that's around once per year, but then again I don't drive all that much since I take the train to work most days. How did you get free oil changes?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got my free oil changes because, well, I'm an a hole. They told me I get one free year of maintenance, and I consider that maintenance whether I run up 1 or 3 oil changes in a year. I told them my other offer (which was true) I had with a different dealership had 3 years free maintenance. And BMW gives 4 years of maintenance free.

I'm also a bit bitter about the deal I got on my car. I had a better offer at said other dealership, but it wasn't the same model, and this dealership was the only one in the state (or surrounding 4 states for that matter) that had an AWD Luxury edition. In fact, they didn't even have it unwrapped when I got there from the transport, so they weren't exactly in a hurry to make a deal with me. And it was the same color as my G35 that I loved, so a bit sentimental. And my other car (G35) was totaled, and I had exactly 2 days left before I had to turn in my already extended rental. But I digress... and TBH, otherwise, these guys have treated me very well, and I would still highly recommend them to friends and family.

I live in Atlanta, and sadly, taking the train is not an option because this place is backwards. We've got a lot of sprawl and we have to drive everywhere. I'll put 15k on my car before the year's up, just basically driving to work and back and a couple of trips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2002 Civic Si with 295k miles on it that has 10k mile change intervals and a 2006 BMW 325i with 165k miles on it with 16k mile change intervals. I have followed the intervals for the life of both vehicles with zero engine issues at all. I would never follow that schedule with conventional/cheap synth oil, but it shouldn't be an issue at all with higher end synthetics. We live in the Southeast US and suffer from urban sprawl as well, so we drive everywhere, in both urban and rural environments in a variety of traffic types. There is definitely nothing wrong with changing the oil more often, especially if you are getting it done for free, but I certainly wouldn't stress over the length of the intervals. 10k interval is nothing new, and it isn't as long as the intervals on many other vehicles out there, now. Just don't go longer than the recommended interval and you should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts