Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti QX 30 Sport
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine light came one this morning and I scanned it with my ODBC-II scanner and its telling me that the code is a P052E or The valve for crankcase ventilation has a malfunction. How serious is this code. I only have 27k on this thing not even a year old from purchase date.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
130 Posts
Do you still have a warranty?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes I still have a warranty. Purchased it last August from dealer and took out extended warranty. I'm always Leary on used cars.
I'm not 100% sure what exactly is wrong with your vehicle, but I would say that you probably should have it repaired under your warranty if possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not 100% sure what exactly is wrong with your vehicle, but I would say that you probably should have it repaired under your warranty if possible.
Just want to make sure I can keep driving it until I can get her in. This is a bad week for me and last thing I need is stupid crap to happen on this. I take it no one else has ever had this code in regards to the PCV valve?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
too bad all it shows is how to use the scanner and not actually fix the **** thing

·
Registered
12 Posts
too bad all it shows is how to use the scanner and not actually fix the **** thing
In fact, everything has been described by the Mercedes service in the summary report. A lot of work to replace the defective element... It can happen to any car, especially new ones.
Sell it or keep it, your choice :)

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts

Reactions: Ctrev21

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah great day. Drove to work and CEL still on but drives normal. Called dealership and set up Tues appointment. Service manager asks about gas cap. Check, first trick in the book right.
Leave work and light no longer comes on. Wtf? Should I keep appointment or still bring it in for inspection? Will I get charged if nothing is found?
Man this car has its qwirks that's for sure.

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Yeah great day. Drove to work and CEL still on but drives normal. Called dealership and set up Tues appointment. Service manager asks about gas cap. Check, first trick in the book right.
Leave work and light no longer comes on. Wtf? Should I keep appointment or still bring it in for inspection? Will I get charged if nothing is found?
Man this car has its qwirks that's for sure.
Not screwing the gas cap in until it clicks is a common cause of a CEL. That isn't a quirk of the QX30, but rather of a standard fact of every modern vehicle.

Whether you're charged or not really depends on the dealer. Most shouldn't charge, imo, since they can see the code in history and will know you did have a valid complaint. However, there are bad dealers out there, too.

The code you posted is not the code I'd normally expect for a gas cap not sealing (typically P0457 for leak). It's possible it's a coincidence... Troubleshooting steps in the manual don't list the gas cap as a typical cause for P052E. It's possible the actuator became unstuck. It's frustrating not to know the definitive cause, but in situations like this the best you can do is keep an eye on it.

Personally, I'd wait until Monday afternoon and if the CEL or code have not come back, I'd cancel the appointment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just because it has a code doesn't mean a specific part is bad. The code only indicates what system is having an issue. It could be something as simple as a loose connection.
If the CEL is off, the code is most likely still stored in the computer. Since its under warranty, I would keep your appointment with the dealer. By the way, any part that affects emissions (such as crankcase ventilation system parts) is warrantied for 4 years or 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since its under warranty, I would keep your appointment with the dealer. By the way, any part that affects emissions (such as crankcase ventilation system parts) is warrantied for 4 years or 60,000 miles.
Agreed. Definitely still go to the appointment since you should not be charged.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took it in and they ended up replacing the part plus a harness and thermostat. Now I have an appointment for low coolant fluid. **** can't catch a break. 27k only.

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Took it in and they ended up replacing the part plus a harness and thermostat. Now I have an appointment for low coolant fluid. **** can't catch a break. 27k only.
They'll probably replace the coolant overflow tank. That's a common failure. The tank itself is fine, but the sensor is junk and it's molded into the tank so they have to be replaced as a pair.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great more electronic crap to replace. Gonna drive this thing until my warranty date is almost over then out the door. No more Infiniti for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
3rd time in seven moths for warranty service on things all over this guy. Definitely a lemon in my book. Can't believe MSRP was 45K on this thing. Yeah I know its a Benz with
Infiniti Badge. Making Infiniti look bad and Benz even worse for building garbage.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They'll probably replace the coolant overflow tank. That's a common failure. The tank itself is fine, but the sensor is junk and it's molded into the tank so they have to be replaced as a pair.
Yup, the same thing happened to us. Infiniti replaced the whole coolant reservoir & the sensor for us.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup, the same thing happened to us. Infiniti replaced the whole coolant reservoir & the sensor for us.
Funny part is it wasn't an issue before the first check engine light. When I left the dealer the first time and it popped up a service manager told me the car was probably cold and it would be ok once it warmed up. Funny that when the polar vortex rolled through in Wisconsin at 15 below zero I never got this error. Guess its first real winter broke it. Oh well just fix it and we'll see what pops up next. No different when they didn't know how the rear fog light's worked. I thought a LED was out and it turn out it was a Europe thing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts