Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've got a 2019 QX30 that I've had since March. I just noticed that if I leave the rear hatch open or any of the doors open when I start the car, the message display does not show the icon nor does it show a message that they are open. There also is no warning sound. According to page 2-56 of the owner's manual, this is supposed to happen. Have any of you run across this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Happened to me! We have a full information center warning!

Hi all,
I've got a 2019 QX30 that I've had since March. I just noticed that if I leave the rear hatch open or any of the doors open when I start the car, the message display does not show the icon nor does it show a message that they are open. There also is no warning sound. According to page 2-56 of the owner's manual, this is supposed to happen. Have any of you run across this?
Our vehicles does not have a "Door Ajar" bulb when parked or not moving. However if you pass 3 mph with any of the doors open you'll see in the information center the warning. I don't have a picture with me, but it shows the car in gray with the door open (whichever it is) in red. If you wanna try it the best way it's leaving your hatch door open (it can be almost closed but not completely locked in place) and drive down your street. I noticed mine when taking the trash to my neighborhood's container haha. Please keep in mind if you open you driver's door when driving 5mph or less your vehicle will swith to PARK abruptly, DON'T DO IT!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had this happen to me - I hadn't fully shut my door and I started backing out of a driveway slowly. I ignored the dinging sound (no idea why) and all of a sudden my car shifted into park.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Hi all,
I don't understand the purpose of your post. Are you unhappy that the car does exactly what the manual says it would do?

Sometimes you must transport an item that is too long to fit entirely inside the vehicle and the hatch cannot be latched. If you start the car with the hatch open, it would be nice to be able to drive the vehicle, rather than have it automatically shift to park -- which is what happens if you open the door while traveling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts