Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up trading in my 2018 q50 for a 2017 qx30 and I must say, best thing I ever did. Love this little crossover suv and thanks for having me.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Welcome.

The QX30 is indeed a significant step up in engineering from a Q50.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All, I have a pending purchase of a 2018 QX30 Luxury on delivery next week. I have read as much as I can find online as well as watch videos. I haven't driven one in person as this will replace my current daily driver 2016 GTI Autobahn w/ performance package. Hoping someone can answer the following:

- I don't think mine has BLIS (blindspot), but does have BOSE audio system and I have seen videos where BIS light on qx30 shows up in the BOSE speakers. Is there something simple I can buy and install to have BLIS? Or is there European Q30 oem convex partial side mirrors available to buy (I did that on my GTI) so I can have OEM clean look?

- What is a good ECU tune for a bit more power for this car for daily commuter. I do not plan to do more involving hardware mods. Also I have seen some mixed reviews on the DCT and wondering if there is a tune for that as well?

- I don't think mine will come with proximity door lock/unlock. Is there OEM parts I can buy to have door lock when you walk away with the key and unlock as you approach vehicle?

- It's really disappointing QX30s is not available in AWD as I love everything exterior and interior, but I need the AWD and ground clearance. Not a question and I'm sure it's cost prohibitive to install S components on a non-S :)

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
133 Posts
- It's really disappointing QX30s is not available in AWD as I love everything exterior and interior, but I need the AWD and ground clearance.
There are AWD models for the QX30. My mother's 2018 QX30 is AWD and has a really good amount of ground clearence.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
There are AWD models for the QX30. My mother's 2018 QX30 is AWD and has a really good amount of ground clearence.
Your mother doesn’t have a QX30S

Reactions: teaberry

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
133 Posts
Reactions: teaberry

·
Registered
5 Posts
No worries, I've been doing my research. There's a qx30s I'd love to get but then I'm not gaining much from my GTI. We get high water and lots of rain here sometimes and recently inches of snow. Wife and I both have small hatchbacks and don't want big cars so it's this or Countryman S All4.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Whoops I didn't realize it was an S model lol. They only do FWD on the S models?
Yep. Not sure why they did that, but it was not available with AWD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts