Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the dealer now getting a battery warning light resolve and pulled up right behind a 2019 QX50. A couple quick observations. It is large, especially on the inside. Styling is nicer in person than it is in photos but sincerely, it is not as nice looking as our QX30. The only exterior aspect that I wished I had was the three led headlights per side. The QX30 Sport is much better looking and much more of a coupe/hatchback than the new QX50.
One other thing I liked was the Bose speaker grills in the doors. The interior is huge. Nothing at all close to resembling anything on the 2017 QX50. It will give the RX350 and RDX some stiff competition.

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
It will give the RX350 and RDX some stiff competition.
I doubt it. The QX50 has a CVT -- something that has NO business being in a premium/luxury vehicle.

Lexus RX350 will still reign supreme for absolute lowest total cost of ownership over the long-term.
Acura RDX will still reign supreme for value and sportiness.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are all MOM cars. Moms don’t care if it has a cvt or not.
Is it pretty?
Is it luxurious?
Does it have room for my shopping and stuff?
(1st gen RDX wasn’t a mom car but they changed their target market)

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
I guess time will tell.

I do know for certain that the last QX50 design was NOT successful. And that was supposed to be the "sporty" version.

2017 US Sales Figures:
Lexus RX: 108,407
Acura RDX: 51,295
Infiniti QX50: 16,857

The new QX50 styling is much-improved... But they ruined the mechanical aspects of the vehicle. I think it's too little, way too late.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's a cute tiny speaker! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess time will tell.

I do know for certain that the last QX50 design was NOT successful. And that was supposed to be the "sporty" version.

2017 US Sales Figures:
Lexus RX: 108,407
Acura RDX: 51,295
Infiniti QX50: 16,857

The new QX50 styling is much-improved... But they ruined the mechanical aspects of the vehicle. I think it's too little, way too late.
One of the things most of us like about Infiniti is they are not everywhere you look. Their styling is unique and some designs are timeless and last a decade...
I am not talking about sales numbers for stiff competition, I am talking about quality, style and design, features, interior comfort, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts