Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2018 QX30S in Majestic White two days ago. This is my third Infiniti (Q50S and G37) and the QX is a nice change of pace with the MB influences. I love this car and best describe it as a quirky European hot hatch under Japanese sheet metal born in the UK. I really like the lines, the lights, wheels, panoramic roof, all around camera and the interior-seats and steering wheel most specifically.

There are some head scratching details with this car though. The inability to change the auto door unlock to either shift to park or turning the car off is certainly one that has been bantered about on here and is really strange. But, to me, an even stranger omission from a safety perspective is the lack of any notification on the driver’s display of an ajar door or lift gate. Not only does it not have the little graphical display that shows an ajar door, it doesn’t even beep. You could literally drive down the street with the passenger door wide open and the car wouldn’t even notice. But at the same time it has the feature where it will put the car in park if you open the drivers door. Weird.
A few other oddities to me are the details of the tech in this car. I’m still extremely perplexed about Infiniti’s direction on tech in their vehicles, especially the lack of Apple CarPlay whist Nissan vehicles have it. And the map on the nav in mine has a version number from March 2016. Really? I don’t really care too much, I drive the same 10 miles back and forth to work and don’t really use it. I think we have all become spoiled with google and Apple maps with constant updates and traffic, etc.

Got the windows tinted and had a thick tint stripe applied down to the level of the sensor surround on the top of the windshield that makes it look like the black roof is extended down a little further. I am also planning on getting the Dinan piggyback module and the turbokit blow off valve. Seems like a lot of performance and engine note gain for $400 and pretty simple as a DYI.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Awesome, welcome to the forum! My 2017 AWD Premium does indicate when the door, hatch, or hood is open...but only when driving. I much prefer the system to indicate if the doors or hatch are open even while stationary (i.e., in park).

The QX30S has amazing looking seats. How are they for long journeys?

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
I think tint on the side/rear windows is needed... But that tint on the windshield ruins it, for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sport styling looks good, as does the Majestic White. Love the white/tinted windows look, plus the dark wheels. From an aesthetic perspective, the mismatched gray front/rear bumpers on the non-sport version looks horrible. Post a few more photos if you can!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts