Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just got a new QX30 today, and I've already looked in the owner's manual for my question, but I must be dumb because I still can't figure it out!

To turn the radio on and off, I used the big button on the main control in the center. It worked fine, but then when I tried to do it again a little bit later, the main control stopped working - it would not lower my volume, and it wouldn't turn the audio off/on -- I feel like I either pressed something or I must have put it into some sort of mode - the button stopped doing anything, and I could only turn the radio off/on from the steering wheel button. Is there something that would deactivate the center main buttons? Even the volume wasn't turning lower and higher unless I used the steering wheel.

Thanks!

Erik

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi!

I just got a new QX30 today, and I've already looked in the owner's manual for my question, but I must be dumb because I still can't figure it out!

To turn the radio on and off, I used the big button on the main control in the center. It worked fine, but then when I tried to do it again a little bit later, the main control stopped working - it would not lower my volume, and it wouldn't turn the audio off/on -- I feel like I either pressed something or I must have put it into some sort of mode - the button stopped doing anything, and I could only turn the radio off/on from the steering wheel button. Is there something that would deactivate the center main buttons? Even the volume wasn't turning lower and higher unless I used the steering wheel.

Thanks!

Erik
It may have been a fluke, that is not normal operation. If it ever becomes unresponsive, hold down the volume/power button for 5 seconds and it will reboot the entertainment system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I think I'm going to have that checked out because it seems to go on and off when it wants to - perhaps something is loose in the wiring.

I had another question - when I stop at stop sign for instance and then just barely release the brake halfway (think a rolling stop almost) to check if the intersection is clear, it felt as though something was rumbling. Once I stepped on the gas, it went away. Any idea what this could be?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks - I think I'm going to have that checked out because it seems to go on and off when it wants to - perhaps something is loose in the wiring.

I had another question - when I stop at stop sign for instance and then just barely release the brake halfway (think a rolling stop almost) to check if the intersection is clear, it felt as though something was rumbling. Once I stepped on the gas, it went away. Any idea what this could be?
Are you noticing if the start/stop engine feature is activating? The engine turns off to save gas and turns backs on when you let go of the brake. Sometimes I notice mine will start to shut off, then immediately turn back on when it realizes I'm not stopping. That's just a guess though what yours is doing...

·
Registered
148 Posts

Where is the sound coming from? Engine bay? Rear hatch area? Left, right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the auto start/stop - I was playing around with it and realized that's what it was - I didn't have that on my last car so I couldn't imagine what was happening.

Do you guys usually drive the car in Eco or Sport?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It was the auto start/stop - I was playing around with it and realized that's what it was - I didn't have that on my last car so I couldn't imagine what was happening.

Everyday driving I use ECO, but when I want to have fun I put it in SPORT. I find that SPORT is too much like a bucking bronco sometimes when I am coming home from work in traffic. I really wish there was a Normal mode in between ECO and SPORT...

·
Registered
148 Posts

I leave it in Eco for my fourteen minute commute. After the break-in period, I'll give the sport mode a try with some spirited driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts