Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably should have posted this as my own instead of replying to another newbie introduction. Apologies for the repeated question as I am torn on purchase of a 2018 QX30 Luxury AWD without having driven one. I have a 2016 GTI Autobahn w/ performance package and I need something that is still somewhat compact, but have AWD, a little higher ground clearance (but not too much), and a bit more luxury.

- I don't think mine has BMS (blindspot monitor), but does have BOSE audio system and I have seen videos where BIS light on qx30 shows up in the BOSE speakers. Is there something simple I can buy and install to have BMS? Or is there European Q30 oem convex partial side mirrors available to buy (I did that on my GTI) so I can have OEM clean look?

- What is a good ECU tune for a bit more power for this car for daily commuter. I do not plan to do more involving hardware mods like downpipes, larger turbo, etc. Also I have seen some mixed reviews on the DCT and wondering if there is a tune for that as well?

- I don't think mine will come with proximity door lock/unlock. Is there OEM parts I can buy to have door lock when you walk away with the key and unlock as you approach vehicle?

- It's really disappointing QX30s is not available in AWD as I love everything exterior and interior, but I need the AWD and ground clearance. Not a question and I'm sure it's cost prohibitive to install S components on a non-S :)

Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
- I don't think mine has BMS (blindspot monitor), but does have BOSE audio system and I have seen videos where BIS light on qx30 shows up in the BOSE speakers. Is there something simple I can buy and install to have BMS? Or is there European Q30 oem convex partial side mirrors available to buy (I did that on my GTI) so I can have OEM clean look?
welcome to the forum.

there is no easy way to add factory BLIS to a QX30. It’s technically possible, if you buy all the modules, wiring, and have access to Consult. But I’m not aware of anyone actually doing it. Aftermarket systems are all garbage, IMO.

What is a good ECU tune for a bit more power for this car for daily commuter. I do not plan to do more involving hardware mods like downpipes, larger turbo, etc. Also I have seen some mixed reviews on the DCT and wondering if there is a tune for that as well?
skip any tunes. Waste of money. The car is quick in stock form and it’ll never be a race car so just respect it and take care of it and it’ll be reliable and enjoyable. DCT is fantastic! The only complaints I’ve heard were from people who didn’t really want a “hot hatch” and would be happier with a CVT. If you care about driving, I bet you’ll love the DCT.

I don't think mine will come with proximity door lock/unlock. Is there OEM parts I can buy to have door lock when you walk away with the key and unlock as you approach vehicle?
. Proximity lock/unlock is standard. Just touch the inside of the door handle and it will unlock if they key is nearby. Touch the “square” indentation on the outside of the handle to lock.

Reactions: mqaxr3c0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, really I'm surprised the tunes are no good as every 2.0T tend to have a few tune options. I'm pretty familiar with BMWs and VW/Audi/Porsche cars as I've always had some sort of software to tweak settings. I have heard about Consult but haven't looked into it, but if it's OEM, it sounds expensive. This will mostly be a daily driver. I realize FWD QX30s is almost as quick as a stock GTI, but having been used to a modified GTI and a modified 135i, it would be nice to get a bump of about 20-30whp w/ a tune. The other one I considered is a Mini Countryman S ALL4 but without going to a JCW version, it's not even as quick as a QX30 and I'm done with heavy modifications aside a tune.
welcome to the forum.

there is no easy way to add factory BLIS to a QX30. It’s technically possible, if you buy all the modules, wiring, and have access to Consult. But I’m not aware of anyone actually doing it. Aftermarket systems are all garbage, IMO.

skip any tunes. Waste of money. The car is quick in stock form and it’ll never be a race car so just respect it and take care of it and it’ll be reliable and enjoyable. DCT is fantastic! The only complaints I’ve heard were from people who didn’t really want a “hot hatch” and would be happier with a CVT. If you care about driving, I bet you’ll love the DCT.

. Proximity lock/unlock is standard. Just touch the inside of the door handle and it will unlock if they key is nearby. Touch the “square” indentation on the outside of the handle to lock.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
Thank you, really I'm surprised the tunes are no good as every 2.0T tend to have a few tune options. I'm pretty familiar with BMWs and VW/Audi/Porsche cars as I've always had some sort of software to tweak settings. I have heard about Consult but haven't looked into it, but if it's OEM, it sounds expensive. This will mostly be a daily driver. I realize FWD QX30s is almost as quick as a stock GTI, but having been used to a modified GTI and a modified 135i, it would be nice to get a bump of about 20-30whp w/ a tune. The other one I considered is a Mini Countryman S ALL4 but without going to a JCW version, it's not even as quick as a QX30 and I'm done with heavy modifications aside a tune.
Do you want a nice car that is comfortable, looks good, reliable, quick, handles well, has AWD, and is fun to drive? Get the QX30, keep it stock, and maintain it.

No tune is actually giving anyone 20-30 hp without ruining reliability and/or the driving experience. Everything in modern vehicles is engineered to work together. Maybe those people complaining about the DCT are the same nitwits who are screwing around with other systems they don't comprehend?

Reactions: teaberry
1 - 5 of 5 Posts