Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, stopping in to say hi. I got a great price on a used 17 premium AWD last year, and have since fallen completely head over heels for this car! Never thought I would be driving something like this, but here we are.

I am hoping that someone has some info - I am really wanting to add remote start and powered hatchlift options once warranty is up. I spoke with my "local" infiniti dealer about this and they advised that there are no in-house options and they did not even know of any aftermarket options. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
There is a kit floating around for the power lift gate. Quality is questionable, based on what I’ve read. Although I like this feature (my Acura has it) I don’t think it’s worth the installation cost/hassle, personally.

Remote start is 100% something that should NOT be added aftermarket, in my opinion. Factory remote start systems are great (again, my Acura has it, and I use it regularly) but it has been my experience that aftermarket remote start systems are one of the worst modifications you can do to a vehicle. They introduce so many electrical gremlins! I’ve also never seen an installation that I’d rate “good”. Invariably, someone comes forward and claims they paid $$$ for some legit shop to do their install properly, but guaranteed they’ll find out they DO have problems and we discover the wiring harnesses have been spliced and there are t-taps or soldering+electrical tape connections... and they have paid $$$ for the privilege of ruining their vehicle.

If it isn’t factory, or a “snap-it-onto-a-factory-connector-style OEM accessory”, then do not add remote start to any vehicle!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I believe someone on here did have their dealership install a remote start system, but I agree with p07r0457 as far as not installing aftermarket remote start systems.

As far as the power lift gate, that is something I'm considering as an option as well, but my first option is getting aftermarket struts that aren't as stiff and don't open as wide, more out of necessity. My wife is barely over 5 ft tall and 100 lbs and she struggles to close the hatch once it's opened, but in all fairness, the hatch struts are pretty stiff, even compared to my other hatchback car. For now, we have a dog car seat hammock for the back seats for her to transport groceries and packages.

Here's a previous post with links to videos in case you haven't seen it yet: http://www.infinitiqx30.org/forum/qx30-general-discussion/24729-power-liftgate.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts