Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My sister in law is considering buying a 2017 QX30 w/ 25k miles. Is there anything to be on the look out for (drivetrain, etc etc) before doing a test drive? Any issues (early armadas have bad exhaust manifolds) Do you love it? While doing a review of the forum, I see it's really a Mercedes vehicle. I tend to stay away from German vehicles for their notoriously expensive maintenance costs. Does that convert to this vehicle?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2017 with 26K miles. Just look out for the airbag recall and the coolant level. Many members have reported a faulty reading with the coolant level or, as in my case, truly low coolant. I would recommend exploring the GLA/CLA owners forum or something to research the longevity of the Mercedes-Benz powertrain.

Reactions: Rapidfirerob4

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2017 that I've had for two years and I am at 10k miles. I have already had the airbag recall done and so far no other serious issues. I had a problem twice with my backup cam staying on for prolonged periods (I was driving around with the camera on, even going forward). The dealer said it's a software issue and they are working on a solution.

You can probably contact an Infiniti dealer about the maintenance costs -- just call and ask them about what the major service intervals are and the costs. So far, I've just had oil changes.

Otherwise, it's just getting used to some of the mildly annoying things in the basic design of the car, such as the doors that will only unlock when you push the button, seat controllers on the door, run flat tires and also pushing a button to put it in park, instead of sliding the shifter all the way forward.

Overall, I like the car. I had a 2015 Impreza Limited and this is far and away better. It has slightly smaller rear seats and cargo area, but it handles better, has far more hp and torque, it is quieter and has a nice stereo. I don't have the braking system, but everything else (premium package, nav, LED lighting package). It drives well in the snow, as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My '17 has only had the "check coolant level" sensor issue, otherwise it has been rock solid. I did a good bit of digging before purchasing mine as well, and found that people are reporting good reliability with the GLA's. The interior is a bit quirky with the mix of German and Japanese design but that adds to the charm in my opinion.

If your sister in law has a good local mechanic, I would check oil change prices there....the dealer is expensive

The price of a used QX30 is crazy good, and that is what tilted the scales for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 2017 with 26K miles. Just look out for the airbag recall and the coolant level. Many members have reported a faulty reading with the coolant level or, as in my case, truly low coolant. I would recommend exploring the GLA/CLA owners forum or something to research the longevity of the Mercedes-Benz powertrain.
One of the reasons I suggested my wife buy this car, is because I have a 14 CLA and have very good luck with it. I have 37,000+ miles on it. A number of people on the forum have a lot more miles than that and their cars are going strong. Some people will have issues with any model. Our 2017 QX30 also has had the low coolant warning, without it being low. It is going in Monday to the dealership.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I am very happy with my purchase I have had no issues with my qx30 awd I have nothing to say but I am happy go for it if you thats what you want good luck Ron.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts