Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a proud owner of a new QX30. It's an awesome car. Thanks to West Houston Infiniti for making it a simple process.

I'm a detail junky, so I look forward to getting my black beauty fully detailed and post some pictures soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome. I work right next door to West Houston Infiniti, but I bought mine from Sewell because of a bad experience at West Houston Infiniti with my previous purchase there. How do you like yours so far? I have the loaded QX30 sport.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the forums. That definitely looks like a beautiful QX30. What kind of detailing will you be doing? Full compound/polish and sealant ??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. My experience was good. Did the majority of it via email and text, so only took a few minutes with the sales manager to get it done. I love the car!

I got the FWD Premium trim without Nav. I had to have the Bose system and I love the black on black.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mickey.

I grew up working in my dad's service station and detailing cars. So doing a full detail is like therapy to me. I have a method I do with new cars, especially black ones.

I'll clay bar, do a light grit polish, sealant, and then a final coat of PoorBoy's Natty Black Paste to top it off.

I've been a fan of Detailed Image - Premium Auto Detailing and Car Care Products for a long time, great products at great prices. I can't buy the stuff at Auto Zone, etc, it tends to be of such less quality. I highly recommend them.

I'll post pics after I finish this weekend.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great color combo, Mike! After I had a black 3 Series a few years ago, I swore off black cars, but this car looks so good in black. Is there anything we can do between car washes to keep the car looking its best?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great color combo, Mike! After I had a black 3 Series a few years ago, I swore off black cars, but this car looks so good in black. Is there anything we can do between car washes to keep the car looking its best?
I hear ya! I've always said that for the 15 minutes they're clean, nothing looks better than a black car!

I keep a bottle of quick detailer and a microfiber cloth in my car, so I can do a quick spray and get it looking good it it takes on a little dirt.

I'm looking forward to the full detail this weekend, I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I hear ya! I've always said that for the 15 minutes they're clean, nothing looks better than a black car!

I keep a bottle of quick detailer and a microfiber cloth in my car, so I can do a quick spray and get it looking good it it takes on a little dirt.

I'm looking forward to the full detail this weekend, I'll post pictures.
I'd love to get a tutorial from you some time...since we are so close...I bought a clay bar, but haven't used it yet...I don't really have much experience washing cars! Here is mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks sweet! Man these are great looking cars.

I'll post a full report on steps used and pictures of the results this weekend. I've been informed by the lovely Mrs we're going to a movie Saturday, so it may be late Sunday before it's posted.

Be happy to give you a tutorial over a cup of coffee at LaCentera.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well my black beauty didn't get her detail done this weekend. I ended up getting my bride's 2006 VW Bug Convertible detailed and ready to sell instead. Put it on Craig's List, Nextdoor, and Cars.com at 4pm. Had nine inquiries in an hour, showed it (in a public place) at 5:00pm and they bought it. Social media is awesome.

So Black Beauty gets her full detail next weekend.

Have a great week all!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd love to get a tutorial from you some time...since we are so close...I bought a clay bar, but haven't used it yet...I don't really have much experience washing cars! Here is mine.

Seen a few examples of this color in person and just can't get enough of it. I just wish it didn't have that black trim around the wheels. But that's just me, I like more of a monotone look.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well my black beauty didn't get her detail done this weekend. I ended up getting my bride's 2006 VW Bug Convertible detailed and ready to sell instead. Put it on Craig's List, Nextdoor, and Cars.com at 4pm. Had nine inquiries in an hour, showed it (in a public place) at 5:00pm and they bought it. Social media is awesome.

So Black Beauty gets her full detail next weekend.

Have a great week all!
Guess it's gonna be next week with all the rain today! :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts