Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I've just recently joined the Infiniti family by purchasing a 2018 QX30 (AWD). I'm looking around the forum trying to get answers to a few questions...the first being how do I connect my text messaging and email to the car. Again...I'm a newbie and look forward to corresponding with my fellow Infiniti QX30 family! ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't think this is possible. I have an iPhone, and I see no way to do this (pretty sure you need Apple CarPlay for this to work with Apple). Perhaps you can with an Android phone. I would take a look at the manual to see what's in there or ask the dealer directly. Different firmware versions could have different capabilities as far as this goes.

You can also take a look at the Infiniti InTouch Services, but frankly, I found it almost pointless (the exception being the emergency calling), plus it's not cheap (~$12/mo) - https://www.infinitiusa.com/intouch/features/system-requirements/infiniti-intouch-services-requirements.html. Even if you have this service, I still don't think that'll give you text/email in the car like you're talking about, but you could call them to find out for sure.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
It depends on how you define "Connect". If all you care about is having the "ding" play through the car speakers, then that's easy enough... Pair the phone via Bluetooth to the vehicle as both a phone and audio device (Infiniti breaks this out as two separate profiles). Then you'll hear the phone alerts as long as the vehicle radio is on the bluetooth audio source.

If you want more serious integration --such as viewing the content of messages on the screen -- then you are out of luck. Infiniti provides no such integration.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have an Android phone (Note 8) and the car is able to read and send text messages. I don't think there is a way to intercept emails and other notifications (e.g., WhatsApp). Once you connect your phone via Bluetooth, just make sure you allow the car permission to read and send text messages.

Reactions: jdomingi

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have an Android phone (Note 8) and the car is able to read and send text messages. I don't think there is a way to intercept emails and other notifications (e.g., WhatsApp). Once you connect your phone via Bluetooth, just make sure you allow the car permission to read and send text messages.
This! I have Oneplus phones (in case you're not familiar with them https://www.oneplus.com/)

I am using BlueMail app for company/personal emails, and QX30 can read/send/delete emails as well. Text is a simple connection via Bluetooth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts