Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

Bought my wife's 2018 Q50 3.0 last month, and decided to go ahead and double up on the Infiniti love so picked myself up a new QX30.

Pretty excited to start fabbing and modifying it, I know there isn't a ton of support but definitely want to bring it to the forefront.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm going to have to check when I get home, I need to clay and wash my QX today if the weather holds up but I'll do some measuring.
I haven't done claying for years after I ditched MINI JCW/M. QX has some crazy curves, so be careful not to drop the clay bar(s). :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't done claying for years after I ditched MINI JCW/M. QX has some crazy curves, so be careful not to drop the clay bar(s). :)
I love claying, I've started using clay bar towels and its absolutely a game changer in every way!
Will post up a before and after thread, it's finally nice out here. Weather has been havoc in the DFW region

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love claying, I've started using clay bar towels and its absolutely a game changer in every way!
Will post up a before and after thread, it's finally nice out here. Weather has been havoc in the DFW region
I used to spend way too many hours in my garage detailing. I drove to work only when it's sunny or cloudy with zero chance of snow/rain to keep the paint spotless, and parked far away from any potential attacks from earth/human-beings/construction. Even the landscaping crews (home/office) knew my car and they texted me before they do any work outside. Same scenarios at the dealerships - SAs/techs were not allowed to touch the paint with bare hand.

I am old now, and my life priorities have been changed. I only wash 1-2 a month w/ just soft waxing. (1-2 hours maximum)

I didn't know there is a clay towel (I googled.....). That's new to me. I am a huge Chemical Guys fan, and I used https://www.chemicalguys.com/OG_Clay_Bar_Yellow_Light_Medium_100_g_p/cly_400.htm

Please post a before/after picture w/ no camera filter. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to spend way too many hours in my garage detailing. I drove to work only when it's sunny or cloudy with zero chance of snow/rain to keep the paint spotless, and parked far away from any potential attacks from earth/human-beings/construction. Even the landscaping crews (home/office) knew my car and they texted me before they do any work outside. Same scenarios at the dealerships - SAs/techs were not allowed to touch the paint with bare hand.

I am old now, and my life priorities have been changed. I only wash 1-2 a month w/ just soft waxing. (1-2 hours maximum)

I didn't know there is a clay towel (I googled.....). That's new to me. I am a huge Chemical Guys fan, and I used https://www.chemicalguys.com/OG_Clay_Bar_Yellow_Light_Medium_100_g_p/cly_400.htm

Please post a before/after picture w/ no camera filter. :)
I absolutely will!

CG OG Clay is exactly what I'll be using today since I have a few unopened packs left, but I'm going to do a detailed post to make it fun and exciting.

I used to be the same with my 350Z, Wash three times a week, wax once a week and spend half a day doing a full detail on sunday. But same here, life has definitely made me just appreciate that heck it's clean and protected now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts