Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day. Recently got a heck of a deal on a QX30, so we got it for my wife. That being said super deal but doesn't have Navigation. I want to upgrade to Navigation and wanting to know what the right options are. If you can assist please let me know, even if a dealer out there has service ideas please let me know. Only thing is I want the stock look, ie-not modifying dash, etc, and would like to keep the stock look, touch screen, etc as much as possible.

Here's the options as I've seen so far:

-Go to dealer to have dealership install Navigation system; probably most professional but also most expensive; no idea how much this may cost??'

-I found and researched this a little but don't know much more than it should be a plug and play addition to what I have?? http://www.icartizan.com/video-interface-for-infiniti-q30-qx30-of-2016-2017-with-active-parking-guideline-vi-infiniti-106_p226.html

-There is apple car play, which from research I don't know if works on Infiniti for some reason: INFINITI QX30 2017 2017 2018 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE with BUILT-IN HD SMARTPHONE MIRRORING via HDMI

-UNI Nav F1: Seems like the only non-oem "aftermarket" system upgrade out there that fits in with or replaces original?? https://www.carlighttrends.com/Unavi_F1_Infiniti_QX30_2015_p/f1-qx30.htm

-Is there a Navigation DVD that it reads, but I don't think it has a DVD drive.

Any advice or solutions are greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts
Yea, in modern vehicles the tech is mostly frozen with whatever you got from the factory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our dealer told us Nav can not be installed aftermarket, at least not Infiniti Nav.
Our dealer also told us the same, that we can't add nav aftermarket. I showed them the UNAVI F1 from the Car Light Trends you posted and they said they'll look into it for me. From what I've been researching, it integrates into the factory system. If it's anything like their Q50 unit then it would be my best bet: My Unavi Aftermarket Navigation review - Infiniti Q50 Forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed Unavi F1 into my 2018 QX30. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out because the native InTouch works fine and it looks stock. The only issues I can point out are:
- GPS signal (I ran the antenna on top of the windshield behind the rw mirror but still get signal loss sometimes)
- Software is better than the native, but can only be controlled via touch screen (no voice recognition or joystick)
- Navigation sound is output through separate speaker that is small and quiet and it does not mute music
- Position is not very accurate so it has hard time detecting arriving at destination, and you can miss turns sometimes because the warning comes out too late.

I am happy because I rarely use guidance, I like to have the map on screen and orient this way. Also separate note to the Unavi excellent support. They walk through the install on the phone and if any part is bad, they send replacement overnight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts