Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to replace their remote-entry key fob? When we purchased our QX30 3 weeks ago, they couldn’t find the second key fob for our car and said they’d get it to us in a few days. Then, they said they had to order one and now they are telling me that they have to schedule an outside company to come and program the key to the car. It seems odd that the dealer can’t do this.

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Your dealer should be able to perform the key registration. I'm surprised that your dealer would outsource that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought mine in January with just one key and the dealer also had to order me a spare key...but heck, it was a Nissan dealer (not even Infiniti) and they programmed it for me...

BUT it did take a while to get it in from Germany. (that's where they said they needed to order it from)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the car to the dealer today and they programmed the fob for me. They say this is new with this model year and only on the QX30 (of course). It’s a Mercedes key and had to be programmed by someone who does the keys for Mercedes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts