Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, was just curious if this has happened to anyone else. My car is making this weird “clanking / shing” noise happens when I start it, and even when the auto start/stop feature cuts on. Anyone had this issue?? the only thing I could think of was a bad tensioner, but it’s only got 40k miles.. 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Hard to diagnose "sounds" over the internet. Can you record a video demonstrating the sound?

Probably safe to say it shouldn't do that.... Could be lots of things -- even as simple as a heat shield.

You're still under powertrain warranty, right? Have you considered taking it to a dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I still have my bumper to bumper, and power train warranty. I just made an appointment and Im taking it to Infiniti tomorrow, and I’ll keep y’all posted on what they find

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the metallic rattle was coming from the flywheel. It was making more noise than usual they said so they’re replacing the flywheel.
I hope if anyone is having the same issue, that this can be some sort of help.

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
That's concerning.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti QX 30 Sport
26 Posts
I have it but doesn't sound to bad. Thing I've seen lately is I put it in park with no issues then when I've come out of work and start it up it tells me it's not in park and can roll away. Not messing with this thing until fall, have too much going on this summer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems to be normal for this MB engine (1.6t). I have same sound every time it starts. My friend works in MB dealership and he says it's fine.

·
Registered
Infiniti Qx30
22 Posts
I may be wrong, but it seems to me that this sound is forced by the design of the start stop system. A flywheel and starter that must engage and disengage quickly.

It's not that bad,

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Seems to be normal for this MB engine (1.6t). I have same sound every time it starts. My friend works in MB dealership and he says it's fine.
All US QX30’s have the 2.0T — not the 1.6T.

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts