Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day the drivers side headlight was starting to get wet inside the lense. Then the next day the lense was still very wet inside and the lights started to flicker. Then the next day the running light strip and the trun signal died and I started getting a brunch of messages on the dash. So I called the dealer and took it in and the dealer ordered a new drivers side headlight housing and a new drivers side taillight and a new passenger side mirror trun signal. Apparently they all had water in them. So yesterday now my passenger side headlight died. So I was just driving with my fog lights last night. Thankfully I have a appointment with my dealer tonight anyways for the other light issues. So I will see what happens with all of this. Has anyone else had issues with Their lights or water getting in the light lenses? Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
While I don't have water in my LED headlights, I do know that the manual states this on page 2-68:

HEADLIGHTS MISTED UP ON THE INSIDE
Certain climatic and physical conditions may cause moisture to form in the headlight. This moisture does not affect the functionality of the headlight.
How did they get so much water inside?

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's weird. Sounds like the lights were not sealed properly from factory and they all just happened to end up on your QX30. Or there's some freak weather in your area where it rapidly warms up, cools, warms up again, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
At first I was just going to suggest it was a faulty seal, but from all the places you're getting water/moisture it sounds like your Infiniti slipped through quality control. Once all the housings/lights have been replaced you wont have to worry about this issue in the future. Hopefully you don't need to worry about water damage elsewhere in the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts