Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad there is a forum for qx30 owners, it's a shame that it is not a very active channel nowadays

·
Registered
32 Posts
Let's liven it up again. I just got my S yesterday! Congrats!! I know I got a ton of questions...feels like I do know anything about this car yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's liven it up again. I just got my S yesterday! Congrats!! I know I got a ton of questions...feels like I do know anything about this car yet.
Thanks and congrats to you too, it look and feels like a very good car, I definitely like it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Me too...I used to hate small cars but this one is good to go! Gotta get used to the big ass blind spots tho. Kinda crazy in the dark this morning in LA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha I know what you're talking about, I want also to get rid of the big headrest in the middle at the back seat!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! New here and glad i found it..We’re considering buying a used 2017 infiniti qx30 with 40,000 kms in mileage and it has the tech package.. just want some advice if it’s a good idea. Want some advice from an owners point of view. Just worried if it needs repairs after a year and since it was discontinued will the repair be super expensive because of it being rare? Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
544 Posts
If you're in North America then I wouldn't worry about repair costs.

It seems the UK peeps are having trouble, however.

Mechanically/electrically it's mostly a Mercedes GLA, and Mercedes has excellent support for their products.

Reactions: Ghetto_freakon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi! New here and glad i found it..We’re considering buying a used 2017 infiniti qx30 with 40,000 kms in mileage and it has the tech package.. just want some advice if it’s a good idea. Want some advice from an owners point of view. Just worried if it needs repairs after a year and since it was discontinued will the repair be super expensive because of it being rare? Thoughts?
Hi!, well, I bought a 2018, used, from the Infiniti car dealer, before I bought it when I did the test drive, the salesman said that the car have a problem with the 360º cameras, it was not the cameras itself but a "module", a chip or something like that, he said that the car will have 3 more years of warranty and that the cameras problem will be solved as part of it. AFTER I bought it when they was delivering me the car the mechanical service guy told me that "there was a problem with the auxiliary battery" but that it is not a problem and they will replace it in a few weeks and there should be no problem after that. I thought that I've alredy bought it and I hope for the best. 2 weeks ago the car started displaying a message "Auxiliary battery malfunction" (the message was in spanish, I don't know what the exact same message in english) and after some days I saw another more concerning message "Stop the car immediatly [..]" and an icon of a battery, the message was in red so I got scared, good thing I was very close to my home. Next morning I drove to the car dealer to tell them about that scaring message and they received the car, the guy told me that the battery was already sent from the factory and they should receive it before the weekend, after some hours the service guy called me and told me that they just received the battery and the will replace it so they needed to retain the car for another day, I said well, OK as long as it get fixed for good. Next day, at the end of the day the guy called me and told me that they replaced the battery and the message was still showing so they had to do some heavy troubleshooting and finally found that there was a problem with some electronic relays (relevadores) but he had a "friend" in the Mercedes dealer and that Infinitu will bought the relays there if they have it in stock, fortunately it was in stock and they changed the relays, I picked the car up the next day, it was all OK, I was happy and all but then 3 days ago I was driving when the ****1ng "auxiliary battery malfunction" message displayed again oh that pissed me off, a lot. Yesterday I left the car again on the car dealer and told the guy that the message is still showing, the car is still there and now I don't know what to do, for me it was the most expensive car I have bought in my life, it is true that they sold me the car at a very good price, they made me a dicount of nearly 2,500 usd, that's a good discount but I didn't imagine that I'll have so many problems with the car.

TLDR
I'm not sure if it is only my bad luck but I feel that the QX30 is a very complex car, it has so many sensors and tech stuff and it make it more prone to failures, I'm also worried because the battery (part #244105DA1A) is discontinued. It is a good car, I mean, I love it because it has so many features and it is fancy and all, but right now I'm not sure if I trust in Infiniti cars, my last car was a Mazda 3 and I NEVER had a problem with it, never.

·
Super Moderator
544 Posts
Hi!, well, I bought a 2018, used,
Used vehicles are always a gamble. The previous owner sold it for a reason. Maybe they had a baby and need a bigger vehicle? Or maybe they had problems and wanted to get out of a headache... Gamble.

I'm not sure if it is only my bad luck but I feel that the QX30 is a very complex car,
It's no more complex that any other new car. I'd postulate it's on the more simple side, honestly. My Volvo is considerably more complex, I think.

I'm also worried because the battery (part #244105DA1A) is discontinued.
Infiniti has never made car batteries. Who cares if they discontinued their proprietary part number for some other vendor's product that they slap their sticker on and charge 50% more for? Mercedes still offers their OE battery if you want to get a "dealer" part. Otherwise, I'd suggest going with Interstate or another brand of battery for a much better value.

my last car was a Mazda 3 and I NEVER had a problem with it, never.
If all you care about is never having a problem, then you should stick with Toyota/Mazda/Honda. Premium/Luxury vehicles consistently have more problems because they've got more features, more complex suspensions, higher performance engines, etc.

There's also a big gap between "my qx30 needed a new AUX battery but I was never stranded" and "OMG this vehicle is not reliable and I can't trust it".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's also a big gap between "my qx30 needed a new AUX battery but I was never stranded" and "OMG this vehicle is not reliable and I can't trust it".
Yes there is, but not too much, I forgot to say that the customer service guy constantly said to me things like "it is a hard problem to solve", "we are getting problems finding the solution", "please leave the car 2 more days with us", "we don't know what is happening that the car doesn't accept a new aux battery", I was talking about MY perception RIGHT NOW.

I think the mechanics and the service guy are very well capable and I don't blame them, but I'm having my doubts on the car itself.

I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly change my mind.

·
Super Moderator
544 Posts
Yes there is, but not too much, I forgot to say that the customer service guy constantly said to me things like "it is a hard problem to solve", "we are getting problems finding the solution", "please leave the car 2 more days with us", "we don't know what is happening that the car doesn't accept a new aux battery", I was talking about MY perception RIGHT NOW.
It seems like you went to 11 really fast. The vehicle isn't leaving you stranded. It is a problem that should be solved, but in the grand scheme it's a minor annoyance rather than a big problem. If you consider this to be serious, then how would you feel if something happened that prevented the vehicle from being driven? Consider adjusting your perspective.

I think the mechanics and the service guy are very well capable and I don't blame them, but I'm having my doubts on the car itself.
What you've described sounds like the mechanics/dealership aren't that great. Not surprising, as I think the dealers are hit/miss -- and more misses than hits.

If they continue to miss, consider trying another dealer -- even a Mercedes dealer.

I do hope your experience improves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts