Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and seen others had this problems also.
Every time I try to open the rear/trunk hatch door it opens a tiny bit then gets caught. I feel like im breaking something when im slamming and yanking and pulling the dang hatch trying to get the door open.
What the **** is wrong with this thing? I feel the little buzz every time i grip the handle, then wait and still...bam no open. I always end up closing lifting closing lifting until somehow if finally opens. Is there a trick to opening the hatch right or something? I read to touch the handle twice or something but that doesnt really work either.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Happens to me too. My wife is able to open the hatch every single time without issue. About 50% of the time I'll pull the hatch and it'll catch.

I think it may just be a matter of timing and speed.

·
Registered
Infiniti Qx30
27 Posts
In the beginning when I got the car I had this problem too.
Just press a button and lift the trunk up. Don't wait too long.
Otherwise, the lock will close again.
Probably such a security that the trunk will not open while driving, if someone pressed the lock button and did not pick up the trunk.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You may be right p07r...im not sure if it was my exact car because i test drove a handful of qx30s' that were black but i remember not knowing about the button thing and just yanking and that one time it opened perfectly. But it probably wasnt my exact car tho.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey p07r...hey migu!
I figured it out...tested it out 3 times n success 3 times!

Wit door unlocked...just yank as soon as u touch the handle. Don't wait for nothing just pull. I shouldn't say yank just pull normally. If done right u should not hear no whine no motor no nothing just smooth open sesame. Go ahead n try it...y'all can call me genius afterwards. 😉

1 - 7 of 7 Posts