Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not all QX30's will come out of the UK. There will be a Mexican facility servicing North and South America.

Infiniti confirms Q30 hatchback, QX30 crossover for 2015 production | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews
Nissan and Daimler earlier today announced that their new jointly-owned production facility in Mexico is aiming to begin production in 2017. The Q30 and QX30 have been reported as likely products for the plant, which is expected to focus on the Mercedes MFA architecture that underpins both Infiniti models.

Mercedes-Benz and Infiniti confirm Mexican small car production from 2017 | CarAdvice
Mercedes-Benz parent company Daimler AG and the Renault-Nissan Alliance have confirmed reports that they will embark on a joint-venture to build next-generation Mercedes and Infiniti premium small cars in Mexico from 2017.

The deal greatly expands the wide-ranging and cost-saving collaboration between the German and French-Japanese companies, which commenced in 2010 and saw each buy a single-digit stake in the other through equity exchange.

Construction of the one billion euro ($1.45b) plant in Aguascalientes next to an existing $2.1b Nissan plant will commence in 2015, with development costs to be divided equally between the two parties.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds like good news to me. Should mean faster delivery of QX30s to North America seeing as how they won't have to travel over an entire ocean to get to us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is it the same factory though? I hardly think that problems in Mexico mean that every factory there will have problems.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is it the same factory though? I hardly think that problems in Mexico mean that every factory there will have problems.
LOL, when you hear of several completely independant factories, from differing manufacruers with differing protocols all having the same issue with quality I think it does mean exactly that ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts