Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the suede like material in our sport seats is actual suede? If not what is it exactly? Im trying to figure out the best way to clean and condition the stuff, seems like my driver seat suede is a little dirty.

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
It is not genuine suede. The Sport doesn't get real leather, either. Per the Infiniti press kit:

https://global.infinitinews.com/en/channels/channel-3d098b0b39636dd84f9ae80d78004896 said:
The seats utilize leatherette and black suede-like material, while the stitched door and instrument panel trim also feature a suede-like material.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do I still treat it like regular suede when I clean it? I might have to get those little brushes they got for suede shoes see how that works.

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
I'd treat it like Alcantara. Whenever cleaning a material you're unfamiliar with, always test your products and method on an inconspicuous spot, first. Once satisfied that you won't cause any problems, then you can move on to the rest of the seat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess you are right, it does feel just like alcantara, got that same exact stickiness. I knew that the sides of the seats couldnt be real leather, how could there be zero cracks or creases after four years of use? Thanks p07!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts