Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my QX30 about a week ago and have been struggling with InTouch Apps. My previous car (Q50) didn't really have many InTouch Apps available. Has anyone had any luck pairing your iPhone/etc with the car and did you find any Apps to upload into the car?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just picked up my QX30 about a week ago and have been struggling with InTouch Apps. My previous car (Q50) didn't really have many InTouch Apps available. Has anyone had any luck pairing your iPhone/etc with the car and did you find any Apps to upload into the car?
It is just as terrible as the Q50...Literally the only "apps" that are available is Facebook and Google Search. It's pathetic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just found out today that the supposedly new and improved InTouch app can't open and close my doors or do a remote start. When I called to ask why I didn't see any of that functionality on the app, I was told the QX30 is the only car in the lineup that doesn't have that capability. So that's something else that the dealer told me that was incorrect. They really don't seem to know their own car very well. The app is pretty much useless without that functionality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I too just found out that the app doesn't do the basic Key Fob functions. I am so disappointed in the false advertising of INFINITI.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If a moronic salesperson misstates that a car has a feature that it doesn't have, that is an uneducated error. It is not false advertising.
Now if INFINITI stated in a TV ad (for example) as selling points, that the QX30 had features that it did not have, that would be false advertising.

But I agree...I want it to work. There needs to be a work-around or an update since both Mercedes and Infiniti have this feature...they need to knock heads together and come up with a software update and NOW, please. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry for asking, but Im a newbie, apps? I thought this didn't had any apps, where I download them? I was looking to replace the awful software for android car play hahaha

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sorry for asking, but Im a newbie, apps? I thought this didn't had any apps, where I download them? I was looking to replace the awful software for android car play hahaha
Not going to happen -- at least not from an official Infiniti source.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not going to happen -- at least not from an official Infiniti source.
I read that they are bringing Apple/Android Car Play in 2019 models

"Infiniti will finally begin rolling out Android Auto and Apple CarPlay across its lineup next year. The current infotainment system will receive a bigger screen, while engineers will make the software more user-friendly and intuitive to use. In-car internet connectivity and smartphone mirroring technology will also become available, as will a digital instrument cluster — at least on some models. The twin-screen setup will remain until it’s replaced by the next-gen system, however."

Here's the complete text: https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/infiniti-next-gen-models-new-infotainment-system/

That's why Ive been wondering this. I also saw there are Apple Car play aftermarket kits sold: https://www.navtool.com/infiniti-qx30-2017-2018-apple-carplay.aspx

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's cool - too bad they didn't start doing that years ago. I haven't seen the aftermarket thing before, that's interesting. However, it sounds like you have to disconnect the factory interface. I don't think I'd want to do that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I read that they are bringing Apple/Android Car Play in 2019 models
The QX30 doesn't have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto -- even in the 2019 model. Infiniti has gone on record that they're not pursuing the Mercedes partnership, nor will the QX30 see a 2nd generation... So it's extremely unlikely that you'll see substantial changes before it's discontinued.

That's why Ive been wondering this. I also saw there are Apple Car play aftermarket kits sold: https://www.navtool.com/infiniti-qx30-2017-2018-apple-carplay.aspx
NavTool is basically a scammer. They've had tons of controversy on many forums. I wouldn't trust them with my money. There are a number of reports of getting burned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts