Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum, just got a QX30 Premium with all tech. Nice car, and fun to drive. Keeps my wife and me happy for various reasons.

the car, with all 150 miles on it, has an interior rattle coming from the center console, where the catch holding the console lid down allows it to rattle. Do any of you have the same issue? both rubber bumpers are in place, and the rattle comes squarely from the catch. Applying pressure, or releasing the catch immediately silences the issue.

thanks all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

That's an odd one and haven't heard much about it. Have you talked to the dealer about it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I get a little bit of rattle somewhere from the back when I listen to something with a lot of bass. Not the console area, though. Maybe see if you can tighten up any screw in the area? I haven't looked to see how it all attaches.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. It's definitely the center console. A better question would be to ask whether any user here has observed the center console catch covered in felt, or any other dampening materials. It's not worth seeing the dealer at this stage, too much hassle for something minor that I should be able to adjust or rectify personally.

Chris - as for your bass rattle, first try clicking your rear seat belts into their buckles. These can often be the source of vibration rattle noise. And, to let you know, few cars these days have a screw to tighten (I wish) - it's all clips. Given where the sub woofer is located, I would be looking around there to see if anything is loose in that cavity.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I always found that buying rubber washes and thin slices of foam always helped. But that's not for everyone to do, not everyone is willing to unscrew parts to insert washes and foam padding... but it sure is worth the effort for a long term buyer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wow, looking for rattles yielded that I am missing the front lower trim for both seats...no passenger storage drawer or any plastic trim to be found. Anyone else? Attached is the Passenger seat picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Car in our showroom looks just like @spinadog 's. No trim down there. 17.5 models added push button start and eliminated the drug/gun storage drawer.

As for rattles. You guys need to make friends with the service advisor at your dealership and find out who their best tech is for resolving noise issues. Then take that guy for a ride and let him work his magic. Most dealers have someone like this. Service hates these problems because Infiniti doesn't give much warranty compensation for diagnosing and fixing them. Plus certain customers are sometimes perceived as over-sensitive to noises (I'm over-sensitive to squeaks too, but its one thing to be insistent, another to be a dick to your service advisor over these things).

Your service department wants to fix the problems and make you happy (usually, YMMV).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Sinecure, Thanks for the response and confirmation. How unusual they got rid of it? It's still listed as a part number, and even the tech sheet my salesperson showed me has it listed. Would this have been a parts shortage? Odd.

The rattles I will remedy myself, they nearly all are concentrated in that old favorite, the headliner area. Mostly towards the back. Michigan roads tend to bring out the best in squeaks, for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
rattle sound coming from my central console

Welcome to the forums!

That's an odd one and haven't heard much about it. Have you talked to the dealer about it?
Dear Mickey,

I have a rattle sound coming from my central console.
It increases on bumpy roads.
This rattle sound makes my car unpleasant to drive.
Are you aware of this issue? Do you have any hint how to make the rattle sound disappear?
I really appreciate any feedback.

Regards

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
Dear Mickey,

Are you aware of this issue? Do you have any hint how to make the rattle sound disappear?

Regards
What did the dealer say when you brought the concern to them?

·
Registered
184 Posts

Regards
I lined my center console and door pockets with felt. I found the things that were rattling were things I put in there, not the car itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts