Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently purchase QX30, for some of the scenario, car doesn't detects Intelligent Parking. Some times it performs parallel parking instead of doing perpendicular parking. Is there way of tell car whether to do parallel or perpendicular parking.

Also, I try to keep 5 fts away from other car (doing perpendicular) and have my car bumper reaches Middle of other car, Intelligent Car Parking some times doesn't detects, but some times detects not sure on what basis it is showing intelligent car parking.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I found that for perpendicular parking, I have to drive quite a bit more forward for the car to detect the width of the space. This can be slightly annoying if there is a car behind you because the other driver may think you're not going to park in the space. If I recall correctly, the Intelligent Park has to measure the entire width of the space, so that may involve driving more than a car length forward after the space ends. Have you tried that?

Edit: I noticed that you mentioned that sometimes your car performs parallel parking instead of perpendicular. I've never had this issue, but then again, I only use the Intelligent Parking Assist (IPA) for relatively "tight" parking spaces. If there are two parking open between cars, I'm not sure that the IPA will work correctly. When you mentioned you have your car bumper reach the middle of the other car, do you mean your front bumper or rear?

Reactions: LongRoad
1 - 3 of 3 Posts