Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 QX30 head unites Android version 2.3, also has an app preinstall with Facebook and Google Search but every time I try to open them it says connect to Infiniti in touch car apps. when I open the apps and login ask for my VIN when I enter my VIN it asks to call for help. Call Infiniti In touch support they say my car has not come with In touch preinstall. Also, I like to install Autokit apk for Apple car play. when I chose to install APK it says No USB device found. Is anyone know-how to install the app in this head unit.

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Can you post a picture of your infotainment system and the screen where you see the Android version?

No QX30 came with Android from the factory. And no QX30 has had CarPlay support from the factory, either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post a picture of your infotainment system and the screen where you see the Android version?

No QX30 came with Android from the factory. And no QX30 has had CarPlay support from the factory, either.

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
I'm not aware of any way to install an apk into the infiniti infotainment system. There's at least one aftermarket company who sells a Carplay/AA accessory, but I haven't seen any successful installations, yet, and the vendor says it requires additional hardware. I doubt you can get CP/AA without adding hardware.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From my head unit, I can see the option for Install Apps Via USB. but when I connect my USB it doesn't detect. do you know is the USB needs to be any specific formate like NTFS/FAT/exFAT.

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
AFAIK, that functionality was intended for Infiniti-approved apps... not generic/hacked apks. Also, Infiniti never really followed through with releasing their own apps, so I think it's basically useless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why they put useless stuff in the car. As a premium trim seems like this car is a useless lemon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts