Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Q50 has just been named as one of the most susceptible vehicles to hacking.

Computer security researchers Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek concluded in the report due to be released later this week that the most hackable models out of 20 reviewed were Chrysler Group's 2014 Jeep Cherokee, Nissan Motor Co.'s 2014 Infiniti Q50 and General Motors' 2015 Cadillac Escalade.
granted they didn't actually hack the cars yet rated them on their percieved susceptibility...

They did not test the vehicles themselves but reviewed key criteria, including the number of remote access technologies such as WiFi and Bluetooth that could allow hackers to gain control of systems to manipulate and cause physical damage to the car, the researchers said.
we'll see if this actually means anything moving forward...

·
Registered
104 Posts
How can you cause physical damage to the car through hacking unless you are causing it to crash? I am not putting much weight in this study. They didn't even actually hack the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok deal, no weight for you ;)

these two guys are highly respected in the field not two jacks from the bush who said this demmed technawlagey is the devvvvviiilllll

its these guys

and you know most science is simply based on a methodology, controlled cases. Economics is one big methodology, yet we adhere to those almost religiously, what makes theoretical hacking of an Infiniti any different than the theoretical effects of quantitative easing on consumer credit?

the 2014 Infiniti Q50, which ranges in price from about $37,150 to $45,450, is the “easiest” to hack “because its telematics, Bluetooth, and radio functions all run on the same network as the car's engine and braking systems, for instance, making it easier for an attacker to gain control of the car's computerized physical operations.”
thats what makes it vulnerable....

·
Registered
104 Posts
and you know most science is simply based on a methodology, controlled cases. Economics is one big methodology, yet we adhere to those almost religiously, what makes theoretical hacking of an Infiniti any different than the theoretical effects of quantitative easing on consumer credit?
In the case of hacking cars, I don't think that there is much of a wanting to hack people's cars. I have never heard of criminals hacking a car to do anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In the case of hacking cars, I don't think that there is much of a wanting to hack people's cars. I have never heard of criminals hacking a car to do anything.
LOL probably because it never existed before we started building connected cars, in the last what, not even 5 years...

Oh and as of now these abilities are beyond your common smash and grab criminal. Do you always know the things you don't know you didn't know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts