Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There may be more than 100hp and 30 years separating the two, but haven’t you ever wondered how todays more pedestrian models will stack up against the advanced sports cars of old? Jonny Lieberman, senior features editor and “Ignition” host, was certainly curious, so he put them to the test at the Big Willow track.

The Porsche 928 S4 debuted as a 1987 model with an updated version of the 5.0 L, 32 vavle V8 producing 316 hp. Back in the day, it could go 170 mph, making it the fastest production car in the world in 1877. That’s a huge accomplishment compared to the Infiniti QX30S.

Riding on Mercedes’ front-wheel-drive-based platform, they QX30S they were testing was powered by a 208-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter I-4 engine that’s capable of putting down 258-lb-ft of torque and it’s mated to a seven-speed transmission. There’s plenty of engineering similarities between the Mercedes-Benz GLA and QX30S, but Lieberman chose Infiniti’s variant instead and calling it Nissan chief designer Shiro Nakamura’s “best design to date.”

On paper, the 928 S4 looks like a winner with 108 more ponies than the subcompact crossover. Will that hold true on the track? Best to watch the episode below and find out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The fastest production car in the world in 1877 ?! Just kidding, typos, I got it lol.

I can't compare these two at all in any way.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm not Infiniti bias but when he says the Infiniti looks better, well that's his opinion. I actually think both look great and if you can afford it get the GLA AMG... that to be is the best looking thing in this segment and when you get that high up the range looks just scrape the surface.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not Infiniti bias but when he says the Infiniti looks better, well that's his opinion. I actually think both look great and if you can afford it get the GLA AMG... that to be is the best looking thing in this segment and when you get that high up the range looks just scrape the surface.
Infiniti needs to put the AMG engine in the QX30 :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lol then it would really be ideal. An extra 150hp or so ? That'll really put a little pep in it's step. Either go that route, or up the turbo system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts