Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti issued a recall for 2017-2018 QX30 because poor grounding of steering components could cause the driver's-side airbag to deploy, which could potentially injure the driver or cause a crash. To fix the problem, dealerships will add a commutator ring proper grounding of the steering column and you can read more about it at AutoGuide.

Maybe even reach out to your local dealer to see if you're affected.

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
What do you need to do, if your car affected? Did Infiniti fixed it for you already?
I haven't taken it to the dealer, yet. I'll probably wait for the official notification, which is expected in December. The dealer is going to have to order a part to resolve this, so I wouldn't go to the dealer before confirming they have received them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't taken it to the dealer, yet. I'll probably wait for the official notification, which is expected in December. The dealer is going to have to order a part to resolve this, so I wouldn't go to the dealer before confirming they have received them.
Oh, sorry to hear that...

Dealerships will install a commutator ring to ensure proper grounding of the steering column, Nissan said in its notice. Parts availability is under study.
So this "study" can possibly take a few months before they fix this problem for you. Hope you won't wait too long.

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
I received a notice in the mail, today. It states a fix will not be available before Spring 2018.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I received the same mailer, as well. I scheduled a service for later this month (Feb 2018) and the dealer said they will order the parts and do the recall repair at the same time. They said I should allow for up to 6 hours. After explaining that I live 2 hours from them (they are my nearest dealer) they will provide me with a loaner car I can return the next day.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had mine repaired, along with the one year service. They had the car a total of about 4.5 hours. I had a QX30 loaner.
I did not notice anything different and I do not see where they may have damaged any parts of my wheel or airbag.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to hear that they're not short on the replacement parts and the affected cars are being repaired quickly. I've seen some other recalls where people had to wait a long time for parts because there just weren't enough to go around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I brought my vehicle in for a second cylinder misfire and this recall was brought to my attention. So, this issue was fixed while my other two issues were investigated.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts