Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I right to expect pricing to be around $30,000? If the QX30 is going to compete with the Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class and Audi Q3, Infiniti is going to need to undercut them.

Infiniti QX30 vs. Mercedes GLA vs. Audi Q3 -- many will only look at the Infiniti if it's priced lowest!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm thinking the price will be somewhere in between the two. Infiniti wants to play in the big leagues. They have a little wiggle room to undercut the other brands, but if they price too low, then they are implicitly saying that they don't think their product is as good as their competitors.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm thinking the price will be somewhere in between the two. Infiniti wants to play in the big leagues. They have a little wiggle room to undercut the other brands, but if they price too low, then they are implicitly saying that they don't think their product is as good as their competitors.
you can't compete with the germans on price, many have tried and many have failed. The only way to legitimately beat the venerables is to build a superior product AND undercut them on price. Thats how Lexus came to dominate the US Lux market...

·
Registered
104 Posts
But Cadillac doesn't undercut BMW, and though they may not sell as many cars as BMW, I would still say that most of their current models are successes. Its not like people are unwilling to pay that price for their cars.

Although Infiniti is not Cadillac...

·
Registered
14 Posts
But Cadillac doesn't undercut BMW, and though they may not sell as many cars as BMW, I would still say that most of their current models are successes. Its not like people are unwilling to pay that price for their cars.

Although Infiniti is not Cadillac...
And that is cadillacs problem. They have attempted to command the same dollars as BMW can for a relatively unproven product (to the market at least) Yes the product is good but if you can have a BMW or a Cadillac for the exact same money most people are going Bimmer ALLLL DAY.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I guess that's true, but do you think that success for Cadillac necessarily means selling as many cars as possible. If they had a price cut would they sell so many cars more that they would make more profit, or are the margins so good at the price they've set that they are okay with selling a bit less?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Leased a QX30 Prem AWD for 39/10. MSRP $41K, got it down to $32K (purchase price), then lease it for $300 a month, no money down and includes taxes and fees. Plus inspections and 1st yr service.

I got the $2000 discount from Infiniti Corp, so that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BTW, I was told I got the 2017.5 version and the push start button and a few other things that are different. Not sure if it is really 2017.5 but it is good to have the push start button w/o having to mod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Leased a QX30 Prem AWD for 39/10. MSRP $41K, got it down to $32K (purchase price), then lease it for $300 a month, no money down and includes taxes and fees. Plus inspections and 1st yr service.

I just picked up last week, similar pricing. $305/month includes taxes and fees for a Prem AWD with Nav, cargo package and bumper protector. no money down. In NY. other dealers were asking between 340 to 395/month

·
Registered
32 Posts

I'm sure it depends on what region your in also, I'm in TN. I leased mine in February and I was lurking on Infiniti website and local dealer for over a month, lease prices started out average of $349 a month as they listed but depends on what model and how much MSRP was. When they started to advertised for $309 a month I went to the dealer. The car I picked out just sold a day earlier which listed for $38K. The one I ended up picking out was listed for $44K ( AWD Premium with Nav and Café Teak Package ) and dealer only would drop down to $38K taxes and fees included. There was also no discount offered so ended up leasing for $375 a month.

I heard on my local radio station the other day advertising the QX30 for $289 a month lease now, obviously they are trying to push these out now with discounted prices. I leave in Memphis and I can say I have only seen 2 QX30 on the road besides mine.

@tinster you got a good deal ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up last week, similar pricing. $305/month includes taxes and fees for a Prem AWD with Nav, cargo package and bumper protector. no money down. In NY. other dealers were asking between 340 to 395/month
Would you mind to share the dealer information? Hope I can get the same offer. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Would you mind to share the dealer information? Hope I can get the same offer. Thanks.
They had a very nice lease deal in February and March. It was $299/month with $2k down for an AWD Premium with Navi. That's what I have and leased it in February. I traded in a 2015 Subaru with super low miles, so they accepted some positive equity and I only gave them a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They had a very nice lease deal in February and March. It was $299/month with $2k down for an AWD Premium with Navi. That's what I have and leased it in February. I traded in a 2015 Subaru with super low miles, so they accepted some positive equity and I only gave them a few hundred dollars.
Thanks for the prompt response. I live in NYC but the lease offers I have got so far are not that good. Trying to contact the dealers in NJ. Hopefully will get some better offers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for the prompt response. I live in NYC but the lease offers I have got so far are not that good. Trying to contact the dealers in NJ. Hopefully will get some better offers.
I heard of some situations where dealers further away wouldn't mind delivering just to get the sale in and develop that customer relationship.

As car makers work to get rid of dealerships or at least make the service experience less dependent on that traditional way, we'll see them reach out more to us.

Keep us posted on how your search goes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Residual & Money factor change every month, so the lease deal from the past are not possible to duplicate.

It is like you're walking into a Best Buy with their ad from black friday, and ask them to price match.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, I just went to my local dealer website and they still have decent lease deals through the end of May. They did go up a little monthly and also the initial payment went up.

Oregon is a long ways away from NY, though!

2017 QX30 PREMIUM WITH NAVIGATION PACKAGE
$299/MONTH LEASE FOR
39 MONTHS
$2,699 INITIAL PAYMENT
Excludes taxes, title, license and options. Retailer Participation Required. For well qualified lessees. Offer ends 05/31/2017. [See Offer Details]

2017 QX30 PREMIUM AWD WITH NAVIGATION PACKAGE
$329/MONTH LEASE FOR
39 MONTHS
$2,699 INITIAL PAYMENT
Excludes taxes, title, license and options. Retailer Participation Required. For well qualified lessees. Offer ends 05/31/2017. [See Offer Details]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts