Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
124 Posts
This is what the Invoice said:
"Confirmed light on with codes P2138 for the throttle position sensor. Completed inspection of the terminal connectors between the accelerator pedal throttle sensor and the ECM. Found pins 4 and 5 at the throttle sensor to have loose fit. Replaced the connector and terminals at the throttle sensor for better connection. Cleared the codes and test drove for 25 miles to confirm the light is off and it is now running normally".
This is what my invoice said when I had the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can tell you that it does not seem to weird for me that a bad/lose connection makes the car go crazy..... I had an issue where the AWD was inoperative and all the lights on the dash where lit; I could not move the car from P to R or D. 9apps cartoonhd

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can tell you that it does not seem to weird for me that a bad/lose connection makes the car go crazy..... I had an issue where the AWD was inoperative and all the lights on the dash where lit; I could not move the car from P to R or D.
Yah it was a good thing we had our warranty. We weren't charged anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I have the same issue with my car. it is a 2017 QX30 SPORT. Due to being a rebuilt I thought it has something to do with the impact. I have replaced the ABS MODEL and still chasing the problem. I know this is unfortunante for everyone. But I am a little relieved knowing its a manufacturer issue if any one who has had luck on getting their car repaired, please let me know if would help a great amount i dont know what else to do.
Thank you

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello everyone. I have the same issue with my car. it is a 2017 QX30 SPORT. Due to being a rebuilt I thought it has something to do with the impact. I have replaced the ABS MODEL and still chasing the problem. I know this is unfortunante for everyone. But I am a little relieved knowing its a manufacturer issue if any one who has had luck on getting their car repaired, please let me know if would help a great amount i dont know what else to do.
Thank you
Check your wiring. If you read some of the earlier posts in this thread, you might see some things that you may want to check on your car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Guys

new to this forum, was reading up on this post, I have a 2016 Q30; and been getting the “Emergency Brake Inoperative” and “Inoperative See Owners Manual” with the picture of the car and skidding sign above on the second error. It’s currently with my local Nissan in UK (as Infiniti have left UK). Nissan diagnosed a P2138 error code and also advised there’s a fair few other electrical related errors coming up, all mainly “U” codes. They replaced the throttle pedal with sensor as per the P2138 error; and said the error went and that should have cured the problem. I went to collect the car yesterday and as soon as I started it up the two errors came back on! Nissan said to leave the car with them, but it seems they are clueless as to where to go from here, plus I’ll probably get lots of huge costs thrown at me!

I wanted to ask if anyone with these exact errors managed to get to the bottom of it and found the cure; and if the errors ever did come back on since?

thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello Guys

new to this forum, was reading up on this post, I have a 2016 Q30; and been getting the “Emergency Brake Inoperative” and “Inoperative See Owners Manual” with the picture of the car and skidding sign above on the second error. It’s currently with my local Nissan in UK (as Infiniti have left UK). Nissan diagnosed a P2138 error code and also advised there’s a fair few other electrical related errors coming up, all mainly “U” codes. They replaced the throttle pedal with sensor as per the P2138 error; and said the error went and that should have cured the problem. I went to collect the car yesterday and as soon as I started it up the two errors came back on! Nissan said to leave the car with them, but it seems they are clueless as to where to go from here, plus I’ll probably get lots of huge costs thrown at me!

I wanted to ask if anyone with these exact errors managed to get to the bottom of it and found the cure; and if the errors ever did come back on since?
Is your car still under warranty by chance? If you still have a warranty then you shouldn't be paying for these issues. If not, maybe try a different dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is your car still under warranty by chance? If you still have a warranty then you shouldn't be paying for these issues. If not, maybe try a different dealer.
Unfortunately it’s not under warranty, this Nissan dealer is supposedly the best one as an authorised Infiniti dealership.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello, did you ever get to the bottom of this issue in the end?
In my case it was the throttle position sensor and the wiring that goes to and from it.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
Hello, did you ever get to the bottom of this issue in the end?
The ECU needed to be replaced. Would have been a couple grand, but we were under warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my case it was the throttle position sensor and the wiring that goes to and from it.
Thanks, mine had the throttle pedal replaced by Nissan last week as they said a “P2138” error was showing that related to the throttle pedal, but that didn’t do anything as the same errors came straight back on after driving it away! It’s due back again on 18th Jan for more checks. I’ve told them already about your situation and the cure, but they just won’t listen!
Can I just confirm, were your errors the same as what I’m getting:
- Emergency Brake Inoperative
And
- Inoperative see owners manual (with the traction control sign above it)?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
The ECU needed to be replaced. Would have been a couple grand, but we were under warranty.
Thanks for confirming. The errors you got are exactly what I’m facing. Can I ask how long ago you had the ECU replaced and how long it’s been since the errors have not returned back?
I’ll definitely mention all this when my car goes back in; and as per advice from alexmed2002 re the TPS and wiring.
Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can I just confirm, were your errors the same as what I’m getting:
- Emergency Brake Inoperative
And
- Inoperative see owners manual (with the traction control sign above it)?
Thanks
Yes I did. Here's a picture from when it happened to me earlier this year.
20200610_093349_resized.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks, yeah that’s one of the two errors I’m getting.
So to confirm, since the fix on your car some months back, you haven’t had issues?
I’ll show all this to Nissan when I go back.
Thanks
Fortunately we've had no issues since the repair was done.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
Thanks for confirming. The errors you got are exactly what I’m facing. Can I ask how long ago you had the ECU replaced and how long it’s been since the errors have not returned back?
I’ll definitely mention all this when my car goes back in; and as per advice from alexmed2002 re the TPS and wiring.
Thanks
Our ECU was replaced in March of 2018. No error, since.

·
Registered
2017 QX30
9 Posts
Same with my car. 2017 with 20k miles. No ones seems to know what causes it but it has nearly caused multiple accidents for me, as the power steering fails and the car jerks unexpectedly.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts