Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I would bring the car back in for a detailed explanation if AWD error pops up randomly. I can ignore all other minor errors, but anything that are related to safety shouldn't be ignored.
Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I have taken it several times to the dealer to the point that the reason for them to go and look for all the connections under the central console was because I escalated the issue to Infiniti Canada and dealer was told by them to do it..... dealer was telling me every time that they could not reproduce the problem.....even with videos and pictures.
As I said; after they fixed the connections then has been ok; when the 4WD error appears (for few seconds) I still take it into dealer, but no check engine or anything...... my file with Infiniti Canada is still open and the assured that they are looking into the problem.....
I urge you guys that if you noticed anything abnormal notify your dealer if they don't listen to you then go to Infiniti Canada/USA and make noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I seem to fit into this catorgery with my inoperative messages. About 2 months my wife came out of the house and found her car dead in the water. Took me 30 minutes to get some juice into the battery. Took it to infiniti with all sorts of pictures, and they were not able to duplicate the issue last at all. FridAy morning she comes out cars dead again, but when I get it started it comes up with parking break, right mirror, left mirror blind spot and head lights inoperative. Now this car is my wife’s because she loves the size. Me I hate that it sits in my driveway because it’s a matchbox. I had one of the first to roll into the dealerships back in February 2017. I’m in touch with infiniti consumer affairs and also a lemon lawyer because I did buy it in New Jersey. Now mine you this carb obly has 3200 miles on it. I have a feeling I’m in for a long batter to get out of this lease.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I took my QX30 in about 3 weeks ago for a battery warning on the dash... By the time my appointment came, the warning had gone away. They confirmed they saw the warning codes but say the battery tested fine... FFWD to yesterday leaving work, the battery warning returned - so I drove it straight to the dealer. They didn't want to make me wait, so they gave me a '17 QX50 for a loaner. That thing sure has some power!
Hope to have a new 'start/stop' battery installed, but will update this later with the results for anyone that is experiencing this. I am 90% sure that it just needs that 2nd battery since the auto stop/start definitely is affected. Both times I got the warning, the stop/start hadn't worked for a few days straight.

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
I thought we had only one AGM battery? Are you sure there are two?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes - from what I have read, there is a main battery and an auxiliary battery which runs the stop/start system.
Heard from the dealer and it turns out my issue is the alternator not charging consistently so I should have a new one installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought we had only one AGM battery? Are you sure there are two?
Yes, there is a second auxiliary battery for the electronics of the start/stop system and the automatic transmission. Search Google for "mercedes gla auxiliary battery" and you'll get more hits, the Infiniti Q(X)30 is actually a Mercedes GLA.

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
...the Infiniti Q(X)30 is actually a Mercedes GLA.
Yes, I am aware. :rolleyes:

The "Charging System" (CHG) chapter of the factory service manual only referenced one battery in the diagrams, so that is why I questioned it.

The "Power Supply, Ground, and Circuit Elements" (PG) chapter does include detailed information on the "Sub battery", however. It is located under the passenger side dash, accessible via the footwell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I am aware. :rolleyes:

The "Charging System" (CHG) chapter of the factory service manual only referenced one battery in the diagrams, so that is why I questioned it.

The "Power Supply, Ground, and Circuit Elements" (PG) chapter does include detailed information on the "Sub battery", however. It is located under the passenger side dash, accessible via the footwell.
I know you know :rolleyes: that the Infiniti QX30 is a Mercedes GLA and again the QX30 is equipped with a second small auxiliary battery under the dashboard on the passenger side. Some problems with the start/stop electronic and the automatic transmission are unfortunately caused by this battery, either because it is not charged correctly or the contacts have a too high transition resistance or the contacts are not connected correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am apparently a part of the 'Inoperative' group. I bought my car in February 2017 and it has a little over 12,000 miles on it now. It went into Inoperative mode (Limp Mode) one time about 6 months ago, I turned off the car and restarted it and didn't think anything of it after that. Until about 3 1/2 weeks ago, it went into Limp Mode 4 times in a row while driving on the highway - I'd pull over and restart the car and it would go back into Limp Mode almost immediately. The 4th time it went into Limp Mode the Check Engine Light came on. I pulled over again and restarted it, the check engine light stayed on and the 'ECO' button did not light up and would not light up.

I took it into the dealership and they found a Cam Sensor code in the car so replaced that piece. I was travelling so I didn't drive it for a week or so then on April 2nd it did it 4 times in a row again with the 4th time having the check engine light come on and the 'ECO' button not lighting up or working again. Took it into the dealership on the 3rd and they said there was a code for the Gas Pedal sensor. So they ordered that part and replaced it and wanted to keep it for a while to drive it and see if the issue returned.

I went to pick up my car on the 7th as they said they drove it with no issues. I got in it and less than two minutes after I left the dealership the Limp Mode came back. I didn't turn it off and drove right back so they could finally see the car broken. They took it in back and I left with the loaner car again.

Talked to them on Monday and they said that there were no codes, but that it did it to them that morning. I was actually glad it did it for someone other than me. They called Infiniti and were told to change out the computer - honestly not sure which computer, ECU, etc...? They told me if something is wrong with the computer it won't throw a code. So they have a new computer on order for me.

I'll update this once I get the car back again and let everyone know if this fixed the issue, and which computer they changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So it is apparently the ECM that they are looking to replace. The part is apparently on back order. They did tell me today that Infiniti is sending a tech down to look at the car and to check a wiring harness for connection issues. No date on when the Infiniti tech or part will show up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the update. I am sure a few people here really appreciate it.
Hope that part gets here soon and fixes your issue!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello guys, same here my car has been at the dealer since Thursday last week and technicians are still trying to figure out what the problem is.... I was told they are communicating with tech line but still no much progress.
I also called Infiniti Canada to let them know that the same issue has appear so they can add it to the file.
Will keep you post it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Update: picked the car up yesterday after 10 days, they did: "ECM and BCM reprogram, re-soldered some wiring connection, took apart the wiring harness and reconnected all components, disassembled the shifter and checked all components and connections internally, scanned for current codes and found none" -> that's what the service advisor texted me, on the print out kind of says the same but with more technical stuff like connectors numbers, etc... this is what the technicians at the dealer were told to do by infiniti tech line......there are a few cases on their database that exhibit the same issues as mine and got fixed that way (it is in the print out with the name of the guy at techline end) Car is not acting up...... hopefully it is fixed for good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A quick update on my QX30. I still don't have it back. The dealership still hasn't heard from Infiniti as to when the tech will be onsite. They have been told to not move or drive the car. Infiniti apparently wants to look at the wiring harness somewhere in the center console.

From Parthur's post it seems like they have a fix. Now if they would just get to mine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello Spacy, well I am sorry to let you down..... my car is not fixed; 2-3 days after I took it back from dealer the problem started again, the technicians at the dealer at lost the tech line has no clue what is going on..... after escalating my case with Nissan Infiniti Canada, they told me that now the engineers are going to be involved...... nothing has happen yet, they will not take the car in because of course conveniently they cannot "reproduce" the issue when it is there.... but when I drive it in all the messages show up in the check engine codes..............
I have recorded videos and they were sent to the engineers (doubt it) because they haven't taken the car in, I am still driving it!!!as techs told me: keep monitoring it!!

At this point I am not sure I should involve a lawyer, I am in Canada so no lemon law here.....

Spacy, did the dealer give you a rental/loaner?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow Parthur, that's disappointing. I'm sorry that you are having this issue.

The dealership has been great so far and I have had a few different loaners. They even offered to give me a new QX50 when they get one for the loaner program.

Having said all of that I'm very disappointed in Infiniti's response to this. I know that the dealership still hasn't heard from them. I would think that they would send someone out a bit quicker than this. I'm not very confident that they know what's wrong or how to fix it now either.

I'm starting to consider bringing up the Lemon law. Not sure what to do....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello everyone; I wanted to update this thread as it seems that the real problem was the push button, as tech line could not do anything, engineers had nothing really to say just that they were investigating I decided to remove the push button (bought in amazon from a link someone sent me here) took a couple of days to clear all the messages and codes I guess it needed a few cycles to clear them up. Since then, almost 3 months ago only using key fob (yes it is a pain using it every time) no more codes, check engine light, AWD messages.... all working fine.

Not sure I got a defective push button or simply the software on my car did not like it?? but after having problems almost every day, since I am not using it they went away......

I might be tempted later on buying a new one and see what happens.........

·
Registered
123 Posts
Crazy. Glad it's working normally again, but that sucks. I've been using the push button for ~17 months now, no issues. Let us know if you end up trying a different one again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the update! That's very interesting about the push start button.

I've had the push button for almost 18 months with zero issues or warnings. It's interesting that something that causes an issue on one car doesn't on another. What are the specs of your car?

Mine is a 2017 AWD, Navigation, Bose system, LED headlights, Forward Emergency Braking, Intelligent cruise control, Self Parking... I don't recall if there is a package that includes all the tech options but I believe I got every tech option available at the time. I've also never had the display blackout or restarting issue either.

Hello everyone; I wanted to update this thread as it seems that the real problem was the push button, as tech line could not do anything, engineers had nothing really to say just that they were investigating I decided to remove the push button (bought in amazon from a link someone sent me here) took a couple of days to clear all the messages and codes I guess it needed a few cycles to clear them up. Since then, almost 3 months ago only using key fob (yes it is a pain using it every time) no more codes, check engine light, AWD messages.... all working fine.

Not sure I got a defective push button or simply the software on my car did not like it?? but after having problems almost every day, since I am not using it they went away......

I might be tempted later on buying a new one and see what happens.........

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the update! That's very interesting about the push start button.

I've had the push button for almost 18 months with zero issues or warnings. It's interesting that something that causes an issue on one car doesn't on another. What are the specs of your car?

Mine is a 2017 AWD, Navigation, Bose system, LED headlights, Forward Emergency Braking, Intelligent cruise control, Self Parking... I don't recall if there is a package that includes all the tech options but I believe I got every tech option available at the time. I've also never had the display blackout or restarting issue either.
Hello tt6 Mine is a 2017 AWD with all the tech options (same as yours) I've never experience the display black out either...... as I said I am almost sure that the push button I got was defective and was making it go crazy......
I will try later on a new one and see how it does. at this point there is no doubt that the problem was the button, since I am not using it almost 3 months never an issue when it was on, issues almost every day

21 - 40 of 55 Posts