Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ahead of its official world debut at September's 2015 Frankfurt Auto Show, we have been shown pictures that reveal the Infiniti Q30. With the production Q30 now fully in view, I was hoping that it would provide a bit more clarity as to what we can expect to be different with the QX30. The differences, as far as I can tell, are minimal, but I will run through them here.

Motor Authority reports that the Q30 is supposed to be a fusion of hatchback, coupe and crossover. Part of that fusion means that it will ditch the traditional hatchback ride height in favor of something a bit taller.

The Infiniti QX30 is billed as a more SUV-like version of the Q30. It is to be distinguished from the Q30 by a taller ride height and visible underbody production. Other things that should make the QX30 different from the Q30 are black plastic around the wheel arches, a higher setting for the suspension, possibly some different LED headlights and taillights, and a new set of bumpers.

So here is a recent spy shot of the QX30, and lets see if we can spot some of these supposed differences.

There are somethings that could be covered up by the camouflage still. Those things include the black plastic around the wheel arches, different bumpers, and different head and tail lights. I can see no difference in the ride height, and if the underbody will be more visible on the QX30, you certainly can't see that from this spy shot.

Go ahead and compare the Qx30 and Q30 pictures in this thread and see if you can find much that looks different between them .

·
Registered
209 Posts
Still till this day I think Infiniti could have done more to make the two look different, just looks like one ride a coupe inches higher than the other.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep thinking that once they are both fully revealed that the differences between them will become more clear. but then another part of me feels like even after they are both revealed, we still won't be able to see much difference.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I keep thinking that once they are both fully revealed that the differences between them will become more clear. but then another part of me feels like even after they are both revealed, we still won't be able to see much difference.
For me it might take seeing them in person and even seeing what jounalists that get them have to point out. and then of course there's information infiniti will put out

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Infiniti will put out info that tries to differentiate them, but again, I have a feeling that despite what Infiniti says, it will be hard to meaningfully distinguish between the two for the average person.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's another photo of the Q30 released ahead of its launch at the Frankfurt Motor Show. I think that this shows clearly what the sedan looks like, and from that we can have a better idea of what the QX30 will look like in comparison.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Too bad most of the excitement of seeing it in full is gone for us since for the most part we've seen it through renderings, the concept and then through the Q50 sedan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts