Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cracked my windshield a few weeks ago and had it replaced. The new windshield was different in that it had a clear area in front of the rear view mirror (my original windshield had black masking over that area), and behind that clear area was a gel pad and a sensor. That sensor was connected to a wire harness that ran up under the headliner. It is a rain sensor. I have the luxury model that did not include the rain sensing wipers.

Do you think this can be turned on, a setting on the computer or something? Is it just something they install on all models and just turn off unless you pay for it? Could the dealership flip them on?

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
Technically, it may be possible to enable the sensor. The Nissan/Infiniti CONSULT terminal can write the appropriate configuration data to your vehicle to enable the sensor/system. However, I bet most dealers will not perform the procedure. Some may not be aware that it can be done, and others may not want to take on the liability. But if you can find a willing dealer (or another party with access to a CONSULT system), then you could try... The one wild-card is that the configuration is generated by the server, each time... So I'm not sure if it uses your VIN and limits the configuration build-out, or if the dealer can select parameters.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, yeah, interesting wild card. Maybe the config will take, but I don't know. I'll ask them and see what's what. Your documentation is super helpful! If my dealer won't do it, maybe I'll take it to a Mercedes dealer and see if they'd do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts