Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my engine turns back on after shutting off at a stop light sometimes the audio cuts out. "No Disc" displays on the screen then, after a few seconds of silence, the audio is back to where it was before it cut out. This doesn't happen every time but seems to be more likely to happen when the engine has been off longer.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Does anyone know what is causing this to happen?
Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
76 Posts
I haven't heard of this issue before, but I always turn off the auto stop-start. I don't want to kill the starter in our car...

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
The starter is rated for the constant engine stop/start use. Fears of killing it are unfounded.

I haven't listened to a CD in a car since probably 2012, so I couldn't even tell you if the CD player in my QX30 worked. For all I know, it's been dead since delivery, lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t used the CD player at all. I am always either streaming music from my phone or listening to the radio when this happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When my engine turns back on after shutting off at a stop light sometimes the audio cuts out. "No Disc" displays on the screen then, after a few seconds of silence, the audio is back to where it was before it cut out. This doesn't happen every time but seems to be more likely to happen when the engine has been off longer.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Does anyone know what is causing this to happen?
Should I be concerned?
I have a 2017 QX30 and I just recently started having the same problem. One when the car cuts off at the light if I’m on the phone the person I’m talking to gets disconnected from the Bluetooth and I cannot reconnect them. The No Disc pops up and I have never used my CD player. Also the button button for the auto shut off doesn’t cut back on or off when pushing the button. Now when I start my car I just cut it off. I have had my car since April with only 7k miles on it and ready to give it back!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took my car to the dealership today. They believe it is the secondary battery that is causing the problems. Hopefully I will know more tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2017 QX30 and I just recently started having the same problem. One when the car cuts off at the light if I’m on the phone the person I’m talking to gets disconnected from the Bluetooth and I cannot reconnect them. The No Disc pops up and I have never used my CD player. Also the button button for the auto shut off doesn’t cut back on or off when pushing the button. Now when I start my car I just cut it off. I have had my car since April with only 7k miles on it and ready to give it back!!!
This sounds exactly like what mine is doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the update please let me know. I have to take my care in hopefully this week also.
I got my car back today. The cause was the secondary battery. It was fully covered by the warranty. This is what was entered on the invoice:
Cause: VERIFIED CONCERN, CHECKED FOR DTCS. FOUND B11C1-16 STORED INBCM. FOLLOWED DIAGNOSIS PROCEDURE FOR THAT FAULT. STEP 1STATES TO CHECK DTC USING CONSULT. CHECK DISPLAY HISTORY OFDTC "B11C1-13", STATUS FOR DTC HISTORY IS PAST, MEANING ITIS NOT CURRENTLY SET. STEP TWO STATES TO ERASE DTC AND THENCHECK FOR RETURN. ERASED DTC, DTC DID NOT RETURN. TEST DROVEVEHICLE, ISSUE IS STILL PRESENT. CHECKED FOR DTCS, B11C1-13HAS RETURNED, IN THE PAST STATUS. MONITORED SUB BATTERYVOLTAGE WHILE TESTING AUTO START/STOP FUNCTION. BATTERYVOLTAGE DROPPED TO 8.9V WHEN START/STOP FUNCTION STARTSENGINE. PERFORMED SUB BATTERY CHECK, SUB BATTERY FAILEDBATTERY TEST, REPLACE SUB BATTERY.
Correction: REPLACED SUB BATTERY AND RE-TESTED. BATTERY VOLTAGE NOW ONLYCOMES DOWN TO 11.9V-12.0V RANGE. ISSUE NO LONGER PRESENT.GB32AA (.5) GB9999 (.8)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not gonna lie, I didn't even know our cars had 2 batteries. Always refreshing to learn something new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me either I’ve only had my car since April and all of this is new to me. My fiancé looked up what maybe wrong with it and he was right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts