Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in March 2019, I bought an apparently new (0 miles on Odometer) 2018 QX30. However, each day I'm less confident about the "new" condition, or the quality of this car. Roughly two years with the vehicle this March, and I've visited the dealership way too many times for different problems. Here's a brief list (not necessarily in the order they happened):
  1. Start/Stop battery failed, replaced in warranty
  2. Car lighter failed, replaced in warranty
  3. 360-camera issues (intermittent, still unsolved due to fail replicating the issue in the dealership)
  4. Fuel Door Actuator damaged, replaced in warranty
  5. Rear Door moulding damaged (stained and mildew present), replaced in warranty , also replaced in warranty front tire black overwheel fender
  6. Front passenger make-up light damaged (fixed in warranty, allegedly loose contacts)
  7. Rear Bumper clear damaged, just received my car from the Body Shop, bumper was painted in warranty.
  8. Sunroof liner broke, it seemed like it was old since it's split in half the tube inside the fabric when opening, also replaced in warranty
  9. Front LED headlamp DRL starting to fade (yellow instead of white DRL)
  10. Rear seat shrieking sound (I mean seriously? I can accept that in my 2001 SUV, not in this car)
  11. 4 wheels Speed Sensors replaced in warranty, the car had to be towed to the dealership for this issue.
This situation has been really frustrating since the dealership it's at least 45 minutes away from home, and I've been visiting roughly each 3 months for the different issues mentioned before, never received a loaner/rental/demo car and have been renting at my own expense every time the car is in the dealership.

I really liked the car, and did had plans with it. However, I'm really disappointed and I'm considering never buying Infiniti again. I've already started the process for a lemon-law claim with my state, and I'll be selling the Rear Led Sequential Tail Lamps (new in box, never installed them, a week after asking here for help while washing the car, the clear damaged on the rear bumper) and the Quad Exhaust tips, PM me if interested in any of those.

Overall I've had a great experience with all of you guys in the forum and I thank you for all the knowledge sharing and time, however Infiniti has lost it's greatness era and I'm not willing to lose anymore money in this car.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
115 Posts
Definitely sounds like you got a lemon. Don't forget that these cars are pretty much a rebadged Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 so I wouldn't use a car with almost fully German parts as a reason to bash Infiniti, especially since they helped cover everything under warranty...

·
Super Moderator
469 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience.

My opinion is the QX30 was the only Infiniti worth buying in the last several years. The fact it was "basically a Mercedes" is the primary reason my wife and I considered the QX30.

It sounds like you got a "bad" one. Buying a MY18 as "new" in 2019 would certainly be suspect, to me. Why was it sitting on their lot, so long? Sometimes a "deal" isn't worth the risk. Hopefully Infiniti takes care of you.

Some of your issues sound like a bad dealer. For example, a good dealer would be giving you a loaner vehicle.

If you want to pursue lemon law, then go for it. If that doesn't work out, then sell the car and get something that makes you happy. I've had cars that made me miserable, and although it sucks to lose some money trading them in, your happiness is ultimately worth it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Definitely sounds like you got a lemon. Don't forget that these cars are pretty much a rebadged Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 so I wouldn't use a car with almost fully German parts as a reason to bash Infiniti, especially since they helped cover everything under warranty...
It's a mixed feelings situation. I initially thought like you, I can't bash the brand for a bad car. However the dealership has not "helped cover everything under warranty..." It has been a struggle and I've had spent a lot of time and energy to get everything fixed. A good dealership would have been pretty more helpful and even tried a happy medium when I reached them before submitting the lemon law claim. In my case, there are only two infiniti dealerships in the island, the one I bought the car in, and the one that sent the car to me. Given I have no more options, it's not worth it considering Infiniti again since buying a car means a relationship with the brand for service/maintenance/parts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry you had a bad experience.

My opinion is the QX30 was the only Infiniti worth buying in the last several years. The fact it was "basically a Mercedes" is the primary reason my wife and I considered the QX30.

It sounds like you got a "bad" one. Buying a MY18 as "new" in 2019 would certainly be suspect, to me. Why was it sitting on their lot, so long? Sometimes a "deal" isn't worth the risk. Hopefully Infiniti takes care of you.

Some of your issues sound like a bad dealer. For example, a good dealer would be giving you a loaner vehicle.

If you want to pursue lemon law, then go for it. If that doesn't work out, then sell the car and get something that makes you happy. I've had cars that made me miserable, and although it sucks to lose some money trading them in, your happiness is ultimately worth it.
The fact of it being a Mercedes was the same fact that helped with my buying decision. I've had great experience with german cars before. But yes, definitely learned from this "deal" experience! Hopefully I find guys with the knowledge at this forums in my next brand! Will keep you posted!

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's a mixed feelings situation. I initially thought like you, I can't bash the brand for a bad car. However the dealership has not "helped cover everything under warranty..." It has been a struggle and I've had spent a lot of time and energy to get everything fixed. A good dealership would have been pretty more helpful and even tried a happy medium when I reached them before submitting the lemon law claim. In my case, there are only two infiniti dealerships in the island, the one I bought the car in, and the one that sent the car two me. Given I have no more options, it's not worth it considering Infiniti again since buying a car means a relationship with the brand for service/maintenance/parts.
That's a bummer. Our Infiniti dealership has been awesome to us. They've never hesitated to fix our car under warranty, and the warranty is good for a while. Once we approach the near end of the warranty though, we will get something to replace it.

Reactions: Tavul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for your trouble. We bought our 2019 about 2 years ago and had virtually no problems with it. We love it. Back in the day, I was a tech at several dealerships and every once in a while we would get a new car like yours that seemed to be plagued with problems. Some were even bought back by the factory. But that being said, the dealership makes all the difference when it comes to satisfying the owner.

·
Registered
115 Posts
But that being said, the dealership makes all the difference when it comes to satisfying the owner.
100 percent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Back in March 2019, I bought an apparently new (0 miles on Odometer) 2018 QX30. However, each day I'm less confident about the "new" condition, or the quality of this car. Roughly two years with the vehicle this March, and I've visited the dealership way too many times for different problems. Here's a brief list (not necessarily in the order they happened):
  3. 360-camera issues (intermittent, still unsolved due to fail replicating the issue in the dealership)
  5. Rear Door moulding damaged (stained and mildew present), replaced in warranty , also replaced in warranty front tire black overwheel fender
  6. Front passenger make-up light damaged (fixed in warranty, allegedly loose contacts)
  7. Rear Bumper clear damaged, just received my car from the Body Shop, bumper was painted in warranty.
  8. Sunroof liner broke, it seemed like it was old since it's split in half the tube inside the fabric when opening, also replaced in warranty
  10. Rear seat shrieking sound (I mean seriously? I can accept that in my 2001 SUV, not in this car)
  11. 4 wheels Speed Sensors replaced in warranty, the car had to be towed to the dealership for this issue.
This situation has been really frustrating since the dealership it's at least 45 minutes away from home, and I've been visiting roughly each 3 months for the different issues mentioned before, never received a loaner/rental/demo car and have been renting at my own expense every time the car is in the dealership.

I really liked the car, and did had plans with it. However, I'm really disappointed and I'm considering never buying Infiniti again. I've already started the process for a lemon-law claim with my state, and I'll be selling the Rear Led Sequential Tail Lamps (new in box, never installed them, a week after asking here for help while washing the car, the clear damaged on the rear bumper) and the Quad Exhaust tips, PM me if interested in any of those.

Overall I've had a great experience with all of you guys in the forum and I thank you for all the knowledge sharing and time, however Infiniti has lost it's greatness era and I'm not willing to lose anymore money in this car.
I have similar issues with my 2017 QX30. When I purchased my car it had 7k. When I say I have only had my car for almost a year and I am about to get rid of it! I had the auxiliary battery issue, passenger airbag indicator came on, screen in the car going black with backing up, jerking a little when first taking off! I’m over it. I also own a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and I must say that car is definitely a better car. I haven’t had any major issues with my Hyundai.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I too have had several of the same problems such as 1, 4, 8, 9

1 - 10 of 10 Posts