Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove this:

It is a Sport model QX30 (aka Q30S in yurup). So FWD with sporty front/rear bumpers and side skirts. The AWD will be taller and have roof rails.

Fun car to drive. Surprising amount of space inside. Drives very nicely. Surprisingly smooth on the freeway.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
congrats on the QX30, you must be getting a lot of looks with it on the street and maybe even some people asking you about it.

have you had the chance to test drive a Q50 as yet? and if you did, how do you like it compared to the QX30? Do you feel any of that Q50 sportiness?

·
Registered
14 Posts
congrats on the QX30, you must be getting a lot of looks with it on the street and maybe even some people asking you about it.

have you had the chance to test drive a Q50 as yet? and if you did, how do you like it compared to the QX30? Do you feel any of that Q50 sportiness?
I even noticed that with the Q50, even a year or more after its original release there still aren't that many on the road and when they're seen, they stand out.

Infiniti needs to do something to ramp up sales.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I noticed that as well but its poor road presence might be due to the fact the segment it competes in is competitive, leaving not much roof for it to shine. But the Q30 and QX30 are different stories, they are sort of a unique product that serves a real need.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been driving a Q50 hybrid for two and a half years. I love the car. It has all the tech features and I make use of them all the time. QX30 won't have quite the list of tech as in the Q50, but it will be impressive nonetheless. Much better than the Merc equivalent. Power is nowhere near the Q50 either (unless we're talking the new 2.0t 2016 model). My hybrid has 360hp. The Red Sport Q50 I have on order makes 400+hp. I'd love to see Infiniti make a IPL version of the QX30 with the 400hp motor - that would be sick!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have you had a chance to drive the Q50? Seeing how its a newer chassis and also available as a hybrid? that might make you appreciate your QX50 hybrid more or may even see a need to upgrade in the future sooner than you thought.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had a Q50 hybrid for 2.5 years. Just turned it in. It was an awesome car. I had all the tech features and loved it. I put on 30K miles and got great gas mileage.

I just replaced it with a Q50 Red Sport in Iridium Blue. This thing hauls A$$. Fun car.

Reactions: Infiniti_Guy

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've had a Q50 hybrid for 2.5 years. Just turned it in. It was an awesome car. I had all the tech features and loved it. I put on 30K miles and got great gas mileage.

I just replaced it with a Q50 Red Sport in Iridium Blue. This thing hauls A$$. Fun car.
Congrats on getting the Red Sport and coming from experience like that will be quite valuable here since your opinion on certain things will matter that much more and hold that much more value.

If Infiniti comes out with an Eau Rouge Q50... would you get it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Red Sport is more power than I need. So, not likely on Eau Rouge.

The QX30 is being intro'd to the press this weekend in Seattle. A friend up there for the week saw one on the street.

Alex on Autos teased that he's going to post his review on Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts