Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The air that comes out at the feet on the passenger side is not heating. All of the other vents will heat. I am guessing that the actuator needs replaced.

My husband was had a similar problem on his Q50 and was able to buy the part and replace it himself with the help of a YouTube video. I haven't been able to find instructions on how to replace this on the QX30. If it is a simple fix we would prefer to buy the part and do it ourselves but we don't want to go in blind.

If anyone has any guidance on this, it would be very much appreciated. Also, if I am off on the diagnosis of the problem/solution, please advise me as to the route I should take.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
If you have access to a bi-directional scan tool, there are DTCs that are set for various failure modes on the blend door motor. You can also reprogram the motor start/stop limits.

If you don’t have access to such a tool, then the motor isn’t too difficult to access, so you can inspect it and see if it’s getting power and/or moving properly — replace if necessary.

You must first remove the glove box, then the motor should be visible and held in with two screws.

Vertebrate Rectangle Mammal Font Parallel

Font Parallel Art Automotive exterior Drawing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts