Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to do oil change on my daughter car and thought it was motor oil just find out minutes later smelled tranny oil.I did this to myself a year ago man not cool could someone send me the right direction?
Would a oil like valvoline Max life full syn.
Or someone at store said shell & they do not here .Got to right

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you for reply!!!Car came with no manual and I pulled wrong oi; plug to start with.I even smelled it first saw no color but bit of black thought I was good until I came back a couple minutes later.What a terrible mistake to happen at best of times but being she wanted to leave a t 4.00 am well wasnt going to happen now as have to find proper oil to replace the mistaked transmission oil.
Depressed at 1st then after looking up better manually under maker became easier.
I did same a few months ago on a fj cruiser this is much easier. I think being low on oxygen is effecting my thoughts process too.
Panic the worst just helping her out the night before a 15 hours drive.That didn't happen the good was knew the amount I had t replace and this had a filler neck too.The FJ cruiser had to be filled from underneath only
I just feeling better as happened a few days ago no one wants to say to my brain done kids Lol but true.
When bad happens so much harder to get things scared in my mind again and I under 65 even hard tp except but I had near 10 years knowing & and isn't improving.Darn
The ood is tranny works right oil specs
Thank for helping out so much the good is got it covered but very kind for helping!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
640 Posts
I would not recommend this procedure for an inexperienced DIYer. Properly performing the procedure requires an advanced scan tool to properly check fluid level and temperature (fluid level is set at a quite specific temperature).

This is something I'd suggest is worth paying a dealer to perform. It's not cheap, though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got my kit from FCP euro, complete change is( 6) liter bottles, the filter service kit comes with a special dip stick, Pull the plastic cover off the top of the engine, You will see the top of the trans fill next to the intake hose, pry the red anti-tamper tab off,then remove the trans fill cap. There is no dip stick with the car,its supplied with the service kit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Agreed, I developed a leak from the pan gasket a year ago,Infiniti tech at the dealer didn't want to touch it,he tightened the bolts. It still leaked,I was quoited 1K + to do the trans service as they had not done one. FCP Euro had the kits $220 SKU: KIT-2463772400 comes with new drain plug,Dip Stick,6 bottles of DCT oil. I drained the oil,removed the top filter housing,unscrewed the pan bolts,dropped the pan,replaced the main filter and reassembled with the 6 bottles of DCT oil provided. warmed the car up for a few miles and checked level with provided dip stick 7 was the level,before I touched it 3 was the level (4) was the loss due to leak I assume. Car shifts great,less hunting at stops cold,etc. I will get into the difference in drain plugs, this one has a magnet embedded and not a stand off tube as a overflow device,like a VW trans would. This all may be half ass I understand, but it is real world and yes if you pull the trans plug instead of the oil plug,you should not be doing this work.IMHOing

·
Registered
41 Posts
The VW drain plug is a two part plug,the outer plug has a stand off tube, with the car cold you plug in the OBD11,remove the center plug under the stand off tube, Between two temperatures you add fluid to the inlet plug hole, till it runs out the stand off tube,insert plugs and your done. The 7sp DCT Mercedes Trans uses a service dip stick,I believe the DCT oil to be mineral base from what I seen it doesn't expand much, I used a service kit, changed both filters and drained completely, refilling with the 6 bottles provided,checked warm level 7 on the dip stick provided in the kit. Infiniti has had to learn right along side owners on these cars,Good luck getting info from Mercedes without a Benz serial number. Flying Blind is not my idea,Its where I find myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts