Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know where to get the insulation pad/trim for under the hood? I think it would help to get a better noise control from the engine and will protect the paint from the heat... what do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
I'd like to add one, as well.

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Check out this thread on the GLA Owner's Forum: Hood insulation ... - Mercedes GLA Forum
Thanks for the link. I compared the pictures from that thread to the underside of my hood, and I'm not sure that the same parts will work. The pad looks like it will be close, although maybe not a perfect fit. However, I think the clips may present the larger challenge. It's hard to be certain, but the holes for the clips appear to be a different size. To make matters more complicated, there are several holes on the GLA that appear to be absent on the QX30. For these reasons, I don't think the MB clips will work. We could probably find another clip that fits, however. I am concerned that the reduced number of holes to install clips will not sufficiently support the pad.

At this point, I'm considering whether I should order a pad and a couple clips to experiment with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts