Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about replacing the stock Halogen bulbs with the Hikari LED ones. However, I wasn't sure of the process and was wondering if anyone here would be able to provide some more information on the replacement of the bulb.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking about replacing the stock Halogen bulbs with the Hikari LED ones. However, I wasn't sure of the process and was wondering if anyone here would be able to provide some more information on the replacement of the bulb.
You have to also get the boosters. I tried with mine and it kept popping up saying head lamps out so I got the boosters and they work fine now.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
You have to also get the boosters. I tried with mine and it kept popping up saying head lamps out so I got the boosters and they work fine now.
Boosters? Do you mean resistors?

With a decent LED headlamp you don't need resistors. The Hikari work great without them. Many of us have installed them.

Installation is straightforward. There's a "door" in each front wheel well where you can access the headlamp bulbs. I did the driver side with the wheel in place, so I know it's possible to do... Although it took some flexibility. For the passenger side I took the wheel off and it went more quickly.

Re-aiming the headlamps can also help. Here's a post on how to do that: Replacement bulb?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boosters? Do you mean resistors?

With a decent LED headlamp you don't need resistors. The Hikari work great without them. Many of us have installed them.

Installation is straightforward. There's a "door" in each front wheel well where you can access the headlamp bulbs. I did the driver side with the wheel in place, so I know it's possible to do... Although it took some flexibility. For the passenger side I took the wheel off and it went more quickly.

Re-aiming the headlamps can also help. Here's a post on how to do that: Replacement bulb?
I took the easy way out and took my QX30 to a local mechanic and they replaced both bulbs with the new LED bulbs and it made a world of difference. They did it for under $100, saved me from cursing when my big hands wouldn’t fit in the opening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which specific Hikari LEDs did you guys go with? If possible, could you post the link/model #? I have a Morimoto HID kit currently but its been a little over 2 years and theyre dimming already. I want to replace mine with LEDs, i was looking at Hikari or Auxito, what do we need for ours 9012 or h3/9?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts