Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I picked up a '18 Malbec Black sport, pretty much loaded a few weeks ago. The vehicle is primarily for my wife, she likes smaller cars and I wanted to trade in her '11 Lexus CT200h before the 8 year warranty on the hybrid battery expired and get her a car with more safety features. We're pretty happy so far but I do have a few questions. The SOS button stays red all the time. Infiniti initially said it should turn green when all is working but later told me not to worry about it as long as it's connecting which it appears to do. Another question about the LKW. The manual says you you'll feel the alert along with a visual signal. The vibration is there but do not see any visual signal on the display. Lastly we were told the car had cross traffic alert. Even though the birds=eye cameras are amazing I don't see that a warning for cross traffic shows up anywhere. All in all I'm pretty impressed by the vehicle and am happy to have found this forum.

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
The SOS button in my QX30 stays red all the time. AFAIK, that is normal. The manual does not mention any different colors... It simply says that the system is available if the button is lit, and unavailable if the button is not lit.

https://owners.infinitiusa.com/content/manualsandguides/common/2018/2018-infiniti-InTouch-navi-manual.pdf said:
(Page 5-26)
Emergency support is available when the
SOS call switch indicator is turned on.
Emergency support cannot be used
when the SOS call switch indicator is
turned off. When the emergency support
is running the indicator will blink without
display show any error message after the
SOS call switch was pushed.
Unfortunately, dealers -- especially sales people -- seem to know the least about the products they sell. I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt.

The Lane Departure Warning is abbreviated LDW -- not LKW. This will be an important distinction when researching written material from Infiniti. My QX30 doesn't have the LDW, so I cannot confirm this... But the center screen in your instrument cluster is configurable... Are you on the screen where it shows a graphic of your QX30? I believe that is the screen that would show you any of the LDW/ICC/FEB alerts.

Infiniti refers to cross-traffic alert as RCTA (Rear Cross Traffic Alert) on other models. However, I see no mention of it's availability on the QX30.

The Technology Package is what includes the advanced safety features, and it only has:
  • Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection
  • Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
  • Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
  • Forward Emergency Braking (FEB)
  • Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC)
  • Intelligent Park Assist
  • High Beam Assist

RCTA is absent from that list. I believe it is not available on the QX30 -- another reason to NOT trust sales people.

Reactions: Chris92SE and pavy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response and info. I realize many of the misinformation comes from salespeople but the SOS button that was supposedly supposed to turn green was from the In Touch service operators.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is info that seems to be on individual dealers Infiniti websites that the '18 qx30 does have RCTA, I guess they are mistaken.

Compare the 2018 INFINITI QX30 vs 2017 INFINITI QX30
Home > 2018 INFINITI QX30 vs 2017 INFINITI QX30
2018 and 2017 INFINITI QX30
2018 INFINITI QX30vs.2017 INFINITI QX30
24 city / 33 hwyFuel Economy:24 city / 33 hwy
208 hpHorsepower:208 hp
258 lb-ftTorque:258 lb-ft
Serving Roswell, Johns Creek, and Alpharetta, GA
Performance
INFINITI worked with Mercedes-Benz to develop the architecture for the 2017 SUV, but INFINITI insisted on its QX30 having a more refined feel than the MB GLA class. As such, it designed its own suspension and refined the powertrain. The result is a more athletic feel that may make you forget you are driving an SUV. The 2018 powertrain continues the success of its predecessor. INFINITI uses turbo technology for better fuel economy that doesn’t sacrifice capability. Horsepower is an ample 208 producing 258 lb.-ft of torque. Drivers will notice that they get all of the competitive power they need without turbo lag. One big reason is the seven-speed automatic. This dual-clutch set-up responds readily to the driver’s demands. With front-wheel drive, the 2018 INFINITI QX30 earns 33 mpg highway.

Appearance
The 2017 edition earned admirers by offering an upscale look and feel that is as good as or even better than many in its competitive class. For 2018, shoppers will notice a logical, yet artistic arrangement. The front seats offer a level of comfort that reminds you that this is indeed a luxury ride. A center console and other storage helps expand the natural utility. Travelers will appreciate a solid 19 cubic feet in the cargo hold. On the dash, drivers have an InTouch screen. A multifunction controller is close at hand for choosing menus and features. Simplifying the system, there are also dash-mounted buttons and dials for climate control and audio volume.

For 2018, the QX30 comes in four trim levels. Interior packages offer personalized luxury looks. The sport package has stitched leatherette on the dash, graphite suede-like material in the headliner, and Nappa Leather on the sport seats. For the Café Teak package, INFINITI wraps the seats in brown Nappa leather with graphite stitching. It lines other surfaces with genuine wood and soft brown leatherette. For a lush look, white Nappa leather lines the seats and dash of the Gallery White Theme Package. For fun, It adds red contrast trims to the cabin and exterior.

Safety
From its standard injury protections to its available crash avoidance features, the 2017 INFINITI QX30 sets a high bar for safety. The 2018 edition follows up with safety equipment that will please the cautious commuter and the anxious parent. For starters, there is a rear cross-traffic alert to help with parking. This adds a traffic watch while you are backing up, and it pairs nicely with the rearview camera. The INFINITI 360-degree camera shows every obstacle around the ute’s perimeter. Blind spot monitoring works on both sides of the vehicle, seeking to notify you if a car is too close for safe lane changes. Working to avoid sideswipes, a lane departure system warns the driver to correct the vehicle’s trajectory. Another warning signals the driver about stopping traffic. If the response to the forward collision warning is too slow, automatic emergency braking kicks in.

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
There is info that seems to be on individual dealers Infiniti websites that the '18 qx30 does have RCTA, I guess they are mistaken.
Good luck barking up that tree. 0:)

The QX30 does offer Intelligent Parking Assist (IPA). Perhaps the dealer is confusing RCTA with that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, just wanted to show that it's not only my dealer. Again thanks for your responses and assistance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is the 'rear cross traffic alert' actually the MOD (moving object detection) we have? If there is a 'moving object' the screen will have a yellow box around it...can't remember if it flashes or makes a noise, but at least that feature is there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not entirely surprised that even dealerships don't have it right because I experienced that for myself with the first few vehicles i owned, since then i have been doing my own research.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts