Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i purchased a used 2017 qx 30 sport. Upon driving at night, i realized that I couldn’t even see more than 8 feet in front of me even with the bright lights engaged.

i took this vehicle to the dealership, where they told me that the lights can’t be raised any higher and that due to an aftermarket lowered suspension, the only way to repair the lights is to raise the cars suspension back up - $7800- no thanks.

i figured out how to change the headlights but it makes no difference in illumination.
Does anyone have a lowered vehicle and still able to see at night? It’s very frustrating and scary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m honestly unsure - the dealership didn’t disclose that the vehicle had been lowered, just stated that it was the “sport” trim package. I’d say it’s about 4-5 inches off of the ground. Do you know how I can figure out how much it has been lowered?

before Taking it into the dealership, I followed the video I found on here for adjusting the lights with the screw mechanism on the headlights. That didn’t help.
I know there has to be a way to adjust the lights a people lower vehicles all of the time.

·
Super Moderator
655 Posts
I’m honestly unsure - the dealership didn’t disclose that the vehicle had been lowered, just stated that it was the “sport” trim package. I’d say it’s about 4-5 inches off of the ground. Do you know how I can figure out how much it has been lowered?
Use a measuring tape to measure the distance from the lip of the fender at the wheel well, down to the center of the wheel. Stock measurements are:

FWD:
388 mm (15.28 in) both front and rear

AWD:
433 mm (17.05 in) front
422 mm (16.61 in) rear

Subtract your measurement from the appropriate values, above, to determine how much your vehicle has been lowered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts