Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed a headlight in a qx30? My DRL died on my driver's side and I am out of warranty so I am just looking to get a used one and do it myself. Also when looking for a new headlight will any qx30 headlight work? I know there is an led model and a halogen version. I just want to make sure I get the correct one.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
LED vs Halogen.
Left vs Right.

Replacing the headlamp assembly requires removing the front bumper fascia. Once the fascia is removed, you can access the mounting bolts and fixing screws for the headlamp assembly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2nd question is I have halogen headlights. Is that the only difference in headlight? Led vs halogen? I want to make sure I don't spend money that I can't return on the wrong thing.
LED vs Halogen.
Left vs Right.

Replacing the headlamp assembly requires removing the front bumper fascia. Once the fascia is removed, you can access the mounting bolts and fixing screws for the headlamp assembly.

My 2nd question would be is the only difference led vs halogen? If I find any drivers side halogen it will work in my car correct?

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
AFAIK all the halogen lefts were the same. I dont think you could get auto-leveling with the halogen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AFAIK all the halogen lefts were the same. I dont think you could get auto-leveling with the halogen.
So just make sure that it is a halogen got it. What would happen if I got an led? I am shocked mine does not have them because I have led fogs and led reverse lights.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
So just make sure that it is a halogen got it. What would happen if I got an led? I am shocked mine does not have them because I have led fogs and led reverse lights.
LED fogs and tails were standard. LED headlights were not.

Swapping from Halogen to LED headlamp assemblies is not a straightforward swap. The control units are different, there is some software differences, and there are additional hardware that would have to be installed and configured (such as height sensors).

It's much more economical to install LED bulbs -- such as Hikari -- in the halogen housing. This solution isn't as good as the factor LED assemblies, but it's much more practical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts