Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The eyebrow light over my drivers side head light is going dim. Is there a bulb I can change or do I need a whole assembly. 2017,QX30, 95K miles. So far great car,knock on wood!

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
131 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are u located? I heard of a couple places that say they specialize in everything LEDs here in the L.A. area.
Where are u located? I heard of a couple places that say they specialize in everything LEDs here in the L.A. area.
Put it on my list for the dealer, $2,000.00 to replace the whole headlight assembly, Others are failing so I'll wait for the cheap fix. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
$2,000 is crazy.

You can get a used headlight assembly in "A" grade for $600.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why they call it the Stealership! I'll check the yards, thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The eyebrow light over my drivers side head light is going dim. Is there a bulb I can change or do I need a whole assembly. 2017,QX30, 95K miles. So far great car,knock on wood!
I’m having the same halo dimming issue on my 2017, 52K miles. Missed my warranty window by two months (they wouldn’t extend to get me a new lamp). It’s strange for LED’s to dim to a warmer color (my halo is now yellow)…that’s not how LED’s work. LED’s dim same color, unless yellow-colored LED chips are designed as part of the lamp. I suspect something else is at play here.
Any other thoughts? Has anyone removed & taken one apart?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not yet, First thought was Ground issue,second thought bad bulb,blown resister if it is LED. I checked with my service writer and she replaces them as a head light unit 2K,I'm told a yard will charge 600 for a good one,still too much for what it is. They are all the same and will fail the same way so I'll pull it off and try to figure it out. Yes Nissan doesn't know your name the second your warranty runs out .

·
Registered
9 Posts
MINE WENT DIM RIGHT AFTER MY WARRENTY WENT OUT ALSO AND WASNT GOING TO PAY 1500$ TO HAVE THEM JUST CHANGE OUT MY HEAD LIGHTS ALSO CAUSE ITS STILL GETTING POWER AND JUST FIGURED I WOULD LOOK INTO IT MYSELF TO SEE IF THEIR IS A LOOSE WIRE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts